advertisement

Zimbabwe coup?

Agree that the Zimbabwean (or Mugabe at least) version of democracy is twisted. I have to say although no supporter of him, I did chuckle at his TV performance, clearly agreed with army and party to "gracefully" resign but probably had not intention what so ever.

Its the one thing that has kept me interested in the news...now he has resigned...good news for Zimbabwe.
OT there is a sketch on Not The Nine o Clock News with a skit on news reader's English pronunciation. Middle syllable emphasised out of all proportion...ZimBABwe... can't find it on You Tube though...

Fantastic news. I really hope that Zimbabwe can now grow into something truly wonderful.

One would hope so but it's more likely ZANU-PF have got shot of him so they can continue in power and basically carry on as before but with a new president.

The new guy is *saying* the right things.
Zim is in such a mess that he can't do much worse than Mugabe.
Will it be fast enough for the people, will the Chinese be happy, will the army be happy, will the party be happy ?

African states, generally, have been run by the most powerful tribe. The President then bankrupts the county to fill his off shore bank accounts.
The "new" Zimbabwe will be no different.

advertisement

Back