advertisement

Zimbabwe coup?

After Iraq, Libya and Syria, I'd be wary of anyone saying 'Well, a new leader couldn't be any worse than Mugabe'.

Van Hoogstraten is a truly vile human being. It saddens me that such people still rise to the top of the heap in this modern age.

Have they hung Mugabe from a lamp-post yet. No. Shame that. The old bastard doesn’t deserve a gentle end.

Have they hung Mugabe from a lamp-post yet. No. Shame that. The old bastard doesn’t deserve a gentle end.

He'll be allowed to live out the rest of his days. It just won't be in power and able to appoint a successor who wasn't part of the revolution.

Van Hoogstraten is a truly vile human being. It saddens me that such people still rise to the top of the heap in this modern age.
A truly detestible piece of sh*t indeed. I seldom wish people ill but for this loathesome example I'm happy to make an exception.

I was about to post a thread about the strange lack of pfm opining on this topic and I found this lonely thread.

Why the lack of interest, a pretty divisive figure potentially as mad as a box of frogs and refusing to leave office despite being told to by the army and his own party etc.

He was democratically elected (sort of) but looks like they are going for the full impeachment process. I have to say I am quite glad and almost encouraged they are taking a legal rather than military approach.

No one’s managed to work out the Zionist/Neo-Con angle, so it’s of no interest to the ‘usual suspects’.

No one’s managed to work out the Zionist/Neo-Con angle, so it’s of no interest to the ‘usual suspects’.

Theres a lot of Chinese money in Zimbabwe, maybe they are pulling the strings ? - they get it pretty easy on pfm though

and Mugabe is a Marxist so the usual suspects are keeping their heads down.

Mmm, that would explain why he has ruined the economy of Zimbabwe which is potentially one of the richest countries in Africa.

Beautiful country, what really struck me about the revolution was that one day they were all shooting at each other, next day all vaguely getting on with business.

Mugabe failed to mellow with age and will continue hanging onto power as long as he can; probably a psychopath.

Haven't been back since 1987 but it was heading downhill then.

Sometimes I feel we're extremely lucky to have the politicians we have; quite a bit of emphasis on that sometimes though.

What is wicked is the people and opposition have been encouraged to think that this is where they get democracy
Africa has a pretty poor record in that respect

advertisement

Back