1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet ANOTHER JVC amp - JVC A-X7

Discussion in 'classic' started by flatpopely, Oct 1, 2017.

1. matt j

matt j pfm Member

There's actually a full SD stack for sale in the Netherlands for €2k including an unused tape deck, all one owner JVC employer owned IIRC.

Tempting but it would mean the hassle of getting rid of the rest.

2. Hempknight

Hempknight pfm Member

Looks to be in good condition, cosmetically atleast, I like that they put the markings on the knobs for the balance and tone controls. Good luck with the referbishment, looking forward to your comparisons.

3. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

Just installed my spare A-X4 in daughter's system with some Diamond 1s. Sounds awesome actually.

Not good enough (by a margin) to usurp the Avondale downstairs, but a fine amp.

4. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

Interesting..........
    The A X3 murdered a 72/135 setup............

5. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

I can only think the Naim stuff was doing something very wrong.

6. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

Having said that, the JVC is very very good but doesn't match my Tisbury passive/Avondale NCC200 dual mono into my Kefs.

But of course we all have different tastes and listen to different music, different speakers and all.

7. flatpopely

So, one of the output transistors is fried!
    What caused it to go bang is unknown at this point.
    Will be a Christmas project as I don't have the time right now.
    I'd be happy to pay someone a reasonable amount to do it for me?

8. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Andrew is a great friend but I don’t see eye to eye to him on this and significantly preferred his previous Naim gear - each to their own hey :).

9. flatpopely

You need to hear my system now.

Repositioned SARAs (not toed in.....they need to be hard up against the wall) and rebuilt from ground up LP12 with the Nic Robinson annoying Ittok LVII lol!

10. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

I also use an LVii but that is the only Linn thing I now own!

Soon to be replaced with a custom built 12" - watch this space...