advertisement

[FS] Yamaha YSP-2700 - Soundbar and wireless NS-WSW121 subwoofer

Funk

pfm Member
Selling this on behalf of an elderly friend; he's replaced his TV with the (gorgeous) Sony A95k OLED which uses the whole panel as a speaker - it sounds excellent and as such he doesn't use the Yamaha setup any more.

I've set it up and had a quick play with it tonight - it sounds surprisingly decent for what it is. I'm sure it won't set the pulses racing for most PFMers but for a second room TV, office or bedroom it's a great upgrade over the lackluster built-in speakers most TVs offer. The wireless sub is a nice touch and means it can be located anywhere, without the limitation of being tethered to the soundbar itself.

Full specs and bumpf are here on the Yamaha site: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/sound_bar/ysp-2700/index.html

Looking at the spec it seems it may once have had a mic for setup, unfortunately this isn't with it (although it looks like one could be acquired easily enough if desired, there's one on eBay for around £35). However having a look through the on-screen menus (on the HDMI out) it is possible to fully customise everything manually if not automagically. It does include an optical digital cable for audio-only connection to a TV's output. It also works well via Bluetooth (which is how I tested it) and it can connect to the network via ethernet or wifi.

It has 3x HDMI inputs, 1x HDMI output, 1x Optical In, 1x Digital Coax In and 1x Analogue in.

The HDMI can handle 4k pass-through (50/60Hz YCbCr=4:4:4, HDR, HDCP2.2), 3D pass-through, ARC, CEC and has auto lip-syncing.

Audio formats handled are Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital EX, Pro-Logic II and IIx, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD, DTS, DTS-Neo 6, DTS-ES, DTS-96/24. File formats are MP3, WMA, MPEG4 AAC, Apple LossLess (up to 96kHz), WAV, FLAC & AIFF (all up to 192 kHz)

Condition-wise I'd say it's excellent but not mint. There are no marks to speak of on the parts that are visble/on show, however there is a small scratch down the bottom left-hand side of the sub (pic included).

Comes with the remote (working fine, good condition) and quick-start guide. No box and it's a fairly long unit so it'd need to be collection-only from Worthing as I think it would be a nightmare to try and box up/ship. New this was around £800.

Any interest at £150?

Ya1BdSkl.jpg

0K0axcPl.jpg

YNZTMHnl.jpg

KvLKMhpl.jpg

AnqHC7rl.jpg

mtvcSehl.jpg

A919lMTl.jpg

Chuckle,

I believe Yamaha call it a 'Sound Projector' - and if I wasn't so far away I would take your hand off!

A Mate of mine has one of these and its very good indeed.

S

I have the lesser YSP-2200 and it’s still great. Bettered the more expensive Sonos setup at the time according to reviews and the projector sound thing works pretty well.

advertisement

Back