advertisement

Yamaha NS1000M

Wondering if any of Yam boys ever had a chance to hear FX-3. It seems that it has everything that made NS-1000 famous, just more (including 15" bass driver). It can be purchased occasionally for about 2k or so. They look like an absolute 80s Japanese audio machismo.

Good luck with finding a pair of those !

Hi-Fi Do had a pair of GF-1s for sale last August. They were asking around £17,000 if i remember correctly and they sold very quickly!

I dread to think what shipping costs to the UK would have been...

I'm selling some bits for my brother in the next few months he came home with the first piece yesterday, a Thorens TD150 with an SME3009 (might keep the arm as it's probably better than my Linn basik) He mentioned his Yamaha CA-1010 which seems like it could be a good match for the NS1000's? Anyone have any idea of price ? If it tests well I was thinking £200-300 ? or does this seem optemistic ?

He mentioned his Yamaha CA-1010 which seems like it could be a good match for the NS1000's? Anyone have any idea of price ? If it tests well I was thinking £200-300 ? or does this seem optemistic ?

A quick search suggests that that’s a little optimistic - but am absolutely no expert on the subject! Condition, both cosmetically and sonically will be very significant in the determination though, I’m sure.

However, I searched because I might be interested (at a fair price) even though I’m planning to get rid of my rack I’d like to at least try a Yam amp into my 1000s!

If it’s in excellent shape when you get it, let me know!

A quick search suggests that that’s a little optimistic - but am absolutely no expert on the subject! Condition, both cosmetically and sonically will be very significant in the determination though, I’m sure.

However, I searched because I might be interested (at a fair price) even though I’m planning to get rid of my rack I’d like to at least try a Yam amp into my 1000s!

If it’s in excellent shape when you get it, let me know!

It's supposed to be in good cosmetic condition, but given it's age, and the fact it's been in storage it could probably do with a recap. I'm also interested to see how it sounds, apparently it has a class A mode too. I think he said he has the matching tuner too.

It's not even an LP12, almost though, an Ariston RD80. Got me wondering now, will have to set up the Thorens later lol

It's supposed to be in good cosmetic condition, but given it's age, and the fact it's been in storage it could probably do with a recap. I'm also interested to see how it sounds, apparently it has a class A mode too. I think he said he has the matching tuner too.

It's not even an LP12, almost though, an Ariston RD80. Got me wondering now, will have to set up the Thorens later lol

Bear me in mind if the amp is to be sold.

I like Thorens decks, but don’t know the 150 personally. Interesting to see what you think.

I'm selling some bits for my brother in the next few months he came home with the first piece yesterday, a Thorens TD150 with an SME3009 (might keep the arm as it's probably better than my Linn basik) He mentioned his Yamaha CA-1010 which seems like it could be a good match for the NS1000's? Anyone have any idea of price ? If it tests well I was thinking £200-300 ? or does this seem optemistic ?
I currently use a Yamaha CA1000mk11 with my NS1000m's, the CA1010 (essentially a CA1000 mk111) is a perfect match for the NS1000, price wise mint ones tend to go for around £750-£850, ones in need of work £150-£250, and useable ones in fair condition say £400 ish upwards
Worth every penny imo, fantastically well made amps, sound sublime in class A

I currently use a Yamaha CA1000mk11 with my NS1000m's, the CA1010 (essentially a CA1000 mk111) is a perfect match for the NS1000, price wise mint ones tend to go for around £750-£850, ones in need of work £150-£250, and useable ones in fair condition say £400 ish upwards
Worth every penny imo, fantastically well made amps, sound sublime in class A

As long as it doesn't sound better than my current set up, I think I'll be able to ignore the part of me that wants to keep it for when I get a pair of NS1000's (the temptation is real). And the only reason he's giving me this kit to sell is because I mentioned that I'm going to be selling some of my bit's that I'm no longer using lol . I'm going to wait till Febuary, which should give prospective buyers a chance to get over christmas, gives me time to properly test, clean, and photograph everythin properly.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Wondering if any of Yam boys ever had a chance to hear FX-3. It seems that it has everything that made NS-1000 famous, just more (including 15" bass driver). It can be purchased occasionally for about 2k or so. They look like an absolute 80s Japanese audio machismo.

They're PORTED! Sacrilege!

I’ve just bought this CA-1010

38844532704_122289aa7b_c.jpg

advertisement

Back