advertisement

Yamaha Gigantic And Tremendous turntable

Before anyone gets too excited, it’s not in the same class as a GT-2000! The plinth is lighter and the motor is a lot smaller.

However, it’s certainly no slouch and £950 is a reasonable price.

Nice TT but my curiosity is piqued more by how the seller acquired numerous pairs of Tannoy Prestige Kensington GR-OW Drivers:

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I remembered that Yamaha offered a matching GTR-1 rack. It's neither Gigantic or Tremendous but I think I'd still want one if I had the deck.

b.jpg

That's a brand name to get your teeth into. Love it. Shame there were no 220V versions

I remembered that Yamaha offered a matching GTR-1 rack. It's neither Gigantic or Tremendous but I think I'd still want one if I had the deck.

b.jpg
I remember seeing one of those for sale and getting very excited, until I realised that it looks just like an IKEA rack with a badge on it.

I’ve never seen any mention of it in any official Yamaha documentation either…

I remember seeing one of those for sale and getting very excited, until I realised that it looks just like an IKEA rack with a badge on it.

I’ve never seen any mention of it in any official Yamaha documentation either…
I've seen a few in Japan so I'm sure they're legit. But you're right, they do LACK something : )

advertisement

Back