advertisement

WitchHat Phantom Speaker Cable anyone?

retseldrib

pfm Member
Just got an email advertising this cable which is supposed to be ‘better sounding’ than their N2 cables.

I have an active isobarik system and have two 5m stereo sets of the N2 cable on my tweeters and midrange with the original NACA5 on the bass. I thought that the N2 sounded slightly more dynamic on the tweeters and midrange plus they are more manageable so i kept the N2s.

I’m very happy with my systems sound now so not sure about the hassle of buying and trying these and potentially sending back? There’s an offer on them which finished November 5th.

Anyone going to give these a punt?

The website says they are taking pre orders for delivery in December. Although the price is nice, it is still a lot of money to spend without any reviews to confirm its performance. I have my trusty, frustratingly inflexible, friend (NACA5) that I might be tempted to change but only once I know it is worth it.

If Mark and Co. creates speakercable to better N2/A5 and perhaps rival ewa LS25 or Superlumina, they might have a reasonable priced winner there

The website says they are taking pre orders for delivery in December. Although the price is nice, it is still a lot of money to spend without any reviews to confirm its performance. I have my trusty, frustratingly inflexible, friend (NACA5) that I might be tempted to change but only once I know it is worth it.

Same here, looking to maybe change my NACA5.
I asked a question on their web site yesterday but I guess no one is monitoring it, wanted to know if this cable comes in white and if they could put an F connector at speaker end.

Same here, looking to maybe change my NACA5.
I asked a question on their web site yesterday but I guess no one is monitoring it, wanted to know if this cable comes in white and if they could put an F connector at speaker end.

I asked if website ordered mono or stereo mtr and got a prompt and helpfull answer

Just ordered a 5 mtr pair Phantom to replace my 3.5 mtr N2

Per,

Would be interesting to read of a comparison with the the N2 speaker cables of you still have them.

They're being made right now.

"Well, I don't think I will be putting the A5 back on" is how my colleague describes it.

We will put any connector on to order. The only F connector I'm familiar with is the Rf connector, do you mean something else?

As standard they're made with Audioquest BFA/Banana plugs that serve the majority of connections.

We will put any connector on to order. The only F connector I'm familiar with is the Rf connector, do you mean something else?

As standard they're made with Audioquest BFA/Banana plugs that serve the majority of connections.

I assume he is referring to the practice of soldering two pins from the Naim speaker plugs on to each conductor like so.

F.jpg

advertisement

Back