advertisement

Wireless headphones use with mixer

maccar

pfm Member
Hi, excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to use wireless headphones with a mixer desk? The ones I'm looking at are the SENNHEISER RS 120-W. The mixer is purely analogue with a headphone socket.
Mac

Bluetooth transmitters are available, a quick internet search brings up a number of options. As far as I can tell the RS 120-W doesn't have any HD modes such as APTX so quality is limited by the Bluetooth protocol.

IMO good quality wired headphones would be my first choice.

Bluetooth transmitters are available, a quick internet search brings up a number of options. As far as I can tell the RS 120-W doesn't have any HD modes such as APTX so quality is limited by the Bluetooth protocol.

IMO good quality wired headphones would be my first choice.
Thanks for that. Totally agree about wired headphones, it's just in my set up the long wire gets in the way and it gets caught up on my chairs wheels... doesn't help that I'm blind I guess.
Mac

@maccar I now appreciate your problem.

For your information I am able to tell the difference between standard Bluetooth and Bluetooth with APTX on my MiniRig speaker, so better headphones are probably worth having.

A Bluetooth transmitter such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09L5QWBV5?tag=pinkfishmedia-21 coupled with a better pair of headphones with APTX HD could provide a reasonable solution. I haven't used this bit of kit so can't give any direct experience.

I

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
@maccar I now appreciate your problem.

For your information I am able to tell the difference between standard Bluetooth and Bluetooth with APTX on my MiniRig speaker, so better headphones are probably worth having.

A Bluetooth transmitter such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09L5QWBV5?tag=pinkfishmedia-21 coupled with a better pair of headphones with APTX HD could provide a reasonable solution. I haven't used this bit of kit so can't give any direct experience.

I
Hi, thanks for this, really appreciate it it.
However, I've got myself in a bit of a pickle today... bought a second hand Sony mini disc player which I use for mastering mixes and in order to put it in my rack I had to unplug the mixer, I thought I'd been careful to remember which jack/phono went where, but I can't get it to work. I'll have to try and recruit some eyes to sort it out.
Thanks again
Mac

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back