advertisement

Winter Olympics.

/\ Yes whenever I catch 5 minutes on the telly before I know it I have been watching it for an hour.

Never thought it would be quite so captivating to watch.

Germany have 12 medals and are top of the table. The UK have ... uhm ... none.

It is a bit like the Brexit negotiations. The British Winter Olympic team obviously need David Davis and Boris Johnson to coach them.

Jack

Indeed. That course is just mental! Amazing stuff! Even the start is crazy with a huge vertical drop from the start box thing.

Ugh. Elise Christie stretchered off after another nasty speed-skating crash. This Olympics really isn’t working for this girl. Annoying as she was just so far ahead in the preceding heat.

PS Watching her first crash a couple of days ago it occured to me just how crazy dangerous this sport is. She was in tears through losing at that point, but looking at the replay then she was actually within an inch or two of having her fingers cut off by a competitor’s skate. Really scary stuff. This crash it looked to me like a skate hit her ankle or calf on the way down.

Ugh. Elise Christie stretchered off after another nasty speed-skating crash. This Olympics really isn’t working for this girl. Annoying as she was just so far ahead in the preceding heat.

PS Watching her first crash a couple of days ago it occured to me just how crazy dangerous this sport is. She was in tears through losing at that point, but looking at the replay then she was actually within an inch or two of having her fingers cut off by a competitor’s skate. Really scary stuff. This crash it looked to me like a skate hit her ankle or calf on the way down.

I know the girl and only hope she has the physical and mental resources to comeback for the 1000m. She has strengths I never saw in her that's for sure, but there is a fragility that has always been apparent as well. Not clear how bad the injury is or whether she should have been penalised. Surely either her or the other skater was at fault, don't know how two can be blamed for the collision.

Speed skating should be done in lanes like the 400m and the lane draw based on times in the heats and other rounds. Bloody stupid sport where it is basically a lottery whether you finish the race regardless of how talented you are.

I know the girl and only hope she has the physical and mental resources to comeback for the 1000m. She has strengths I never saw in her that's for sure, but there is a fragility that has always been apparent as well.

She seems remarkably honest emotionally to the point her disappointment and dispair at the first crash was painful to watch. No one should be that upset, but by saying that she seems to rebound real fast. She was amazing in the first heat today, just in a different class to the others playing a great strategic game and having a whole extra gear to the others at the end. I’m sure if she is physically able she’ll be back for the 1000m. I just hope she hasn’t suffered a break, sprain or cut that would take her out of contention.

She seems remarkably honest emotionally to the point her disappointment and dispair at the first crash was painful to watch. No one should be that upset...

It was difficult to watch and even the interviewer seemed a bit embarrassed at asking her the questions.

Quality sledding by the Brit women. Yarnold broke the track record on the last run.
So sorry for Christie...

www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/winter-olympics/ester-ledecka-superg-gold-press-conference-makeup-ski-goggles-a8215236.html
ledecka-goggles.jpg

advertisement

Back