advertisement

Winter Olympics.

Indeed, I watched some of it late last night. Ice hockey now, which bores me to death to be honest, but looking forward to the snowboarding, bob etc. I always rather enjoy the Winter Olympics.

Louge is damn cool. I remember seeing it it back as a kid in the ‘70s for the first time, ‘76 I guess, and then hurtling down every steep hill I could find lying on my skateboard in a similar position steering with my arse just behind the front truck. Got pretty good at it as I recall!

DVrK2swXUAAF5Ls.jpg

Mixing politics and sports, they should be punished/fined.

Bet I'm not the only one who would like to see a new rocket assisted toboggan class in the W.O.

Woman’s slope-style was just brutal earlier, just way too much wind to be safe. One girl landed in a horrible way, can’t remember who, but the board caught the considerable wind when she was upside down stopping her rotation and she landed on her head/neck from a great height. No reports of injuries so I assume it wasn’t as bad as it looked, but too few even got down the course. A real shame as it is a great sport.

The British men were pathetic in the Slopestyle snowboarding, on another windy day. I think they all fell over. You wouldn't know this from the BBC commentators, who said they were brilliant and did really well.

The winners were amazing though. It is really impressive that Canadian Mark McMorris got a bronze, after suffering serious injuries less than a year ago.

Jack

The moguls always amaze me. I'm a reasonably decent skier but they go straight line down moguls quicker than I can on a groomed piste lol
The freestyle boarding always feels a little unrefined. It still feels like a bunch of kids mucking about.
There was a lot of fuss over the female Russian half of the mixed curling yesterday in some of the press who to be fair is very attractive and very good.

Canadian competitor using Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah in the ice skating.
!
Slopestyle should have been postponed.

Woman’s half-pipe was excellent, I actually stayed up for it. Chloe Kim is amazing, just in a different league.

Feel sorry for those who do not understand or enjoy Ice Hockey, I was fortunate to enjoy the Marvelous post war hockey played by Canadian imports, a wonderful sport to enjoy live but perhaps not so suited for TV.

I do not know how to use emojies (SP ) but suspect that a anti cause exists with the fact that Salisbury have no links Ice Hockey. So bah humbug.

Very skillful,very fast, uses both sides of the stick and you do not have to cut the grass---absolute buggers the lot of you!

I am so upset!

i quite enjoy watching the all-in brawl on ice. Sometimes, if you are lucky, a game of hockey will break out.

My brother, Mike Pugh, represented GB in bobsleigh twice at the Winter Olympics a few years back now. 2-man Bob in Calgary in 1980 (brakeman) - 17th. 4-man Bob in Sarevo in 1984 (pilot) - 20th. It is all about the taking part!

My other brother, Rob, visited him in Cortina at some point whilst he was training and they had an impromptu competition for the Pugh Cup.

Cheers

Even in HD, even in 4K HD, hockey does not translate well to TV. Following the puck is now just about doable, but camera angles make it hard to see plays develop. Also, IME it is hard to appreciate the speed and skill until seen live.

advertisement

Back