advertisement

Why I'll never take a car around the Nurburgring.

I have a good friend who takes a tweaked R32 Skyline and his M4 around at least twice a year and has a wonderful time. He does not push it very hard but does get to stretch the cars legs a little. I am a little tempted but I am not very restrained and concerned I would be like the OP pictures.

Used to go lots (several times a year) on a bike a few years go. It can be quite scary, depending on how many dick bags (usually with british plates) are about. Took the 911 round last year - that was great fun, much better than my previous 330, which was scary (it really isn't a sports car)

Been a few times. Once in a road legal but track spec's EE8 CRX with a full cage and a fully built B18/B20 frankenstein engine...

Went round in an ex E60 M5 too...

The CRX scared me the most, tin can on wheels compared to the M5, but also more 'skippy'. The M5 just wanted to hang it's arse out really

Used to go lots (several times a year) on a bike a few years go. It can be quite scary, depending on how many dick bags (usually with british plates) are about. Took the 911 round last year - that was great fun, much better than my previous 330, which was scary (it really isn't a sports car)
Interesting. Sabine Schmidt said she loved taking the 5 series round the Ring

My E60 loved going round the Ring; but I wouldn't push it like I did with the CRX (and TBH I didn't really push that either, I'm not a pro driver)

The Rex was great for the bends and carousel; the E60 for the straights and TBH, all out stopping power (it was needed at times)

Haven't been for a good few years now; will make the trip again soon when I've bought my next 'toy' :D

when I'm 80 I am going to go there and stay firmly center track at about 45 in an old volvo estate.
Might be interesting?

I have done 21 laps of the place. I’ve done it now and have no intentions of going back.
After saying that it’s an amazing place, beautiful and full of history. You have to see it to fully appreciate it.

I have done 21 laps of the place. I’ve done it now and have no intentions of going back.
After saying that it’s an amazing place, beautiful and full of history. You have to see it to fully appreciate it.
did you visit the museum? i did not but think i will soon.

Naughty words more than understandable!
What surprises me is the sheer number of cars following through after- must be like the M25 in rush hour there!

Eh, less scary than Italian Autostrada...
I've done both on bikes, and found (northern) Italian roads of all types less scary than British roads! Drivers actually see bikes and make allowances, generally. One of the problems in Italy is that British drivers try to drive like they are still at home, and that won't work. Drive like an Italian!
The 'Ring was my first time on a track with my own bike, and I ran off at Adenauer Forst (very common, if you watch YouTube) but stayed on somehow. I wouldn't do it again, I'll stick to proper tracks.

advertisement

Back