1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Discussion in 'photo' started by Tony Lockhart, May 5, 2014.

1. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Looks like a GM vehicle? Chevy Caprice with a 350?

2. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Blimey. That's worrying!

Yes, from memory a 1978 Caprice. A great engine and very smooth transmission as long as they're both looked after. Terrible boot/trunk, but enough space for two blokes and their scuba gear.

3. Clay B

Clay B pfm Member

Older yes, but the charm is still there.

4. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

[​IMG]

Me, Graflex Anniversary Speed Graphic 3¼ x 4¼

Edit: not my camera. It belongs to one of our young apprentices who I've only just found out is a keen film photographer and camera collector. ISO3, anyone?

5. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

Excellent stuff Tony, i've got a much simpler Crown Graphic (without a focal plane shutter) which is a wonderful camera.

Nerd fact - the vertical handle for the flash is the original part which formed the basis for the lightsabre in Star Wars.

6. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Funnily enough, Arthur (yes, he even has an old fashioned name) mentioned that and says that so many were converted by Star Wars fans that they're a little scarce now.

7. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

One of the rare moments when I found myself in front of the camera!

[​IMG]

Self by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon F80 / Nikkor 50mm f1.8D / Kodak Tri-X 400

Lefty

eternumviti likes this.
  8. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Lefty is too young and good looking for pfm ;)

9. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

Haha :D

You guys got me when I was very young and still in University! I was hooked on Naim and was thrilled to discover a corner of the internet where I could geek out with like minded folk. The years have marched on and my HiFi days are behind me, but PFM remains and I now find myself living happily in the Photo Room :)

Lefty

10. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

I see you are in explore as well!

+1 on the far too young and good looking!

Pete

11. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

Haha - thanks Pete :D

Surprised to see it make explore!

Lefty

12. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Me, yesterday, after cycling home far too quickly in the heat. I overtook a scooter going downhill, and forgot to back off for the rest of the journey. Plonker.

[​IMG]

13. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

14. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

Huge respect for being out on your bike in yesterday's heat. It was roasting! :eek:

15. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Thanks. I was out on Sunday too, in Thetford forest. That was a hoot.

Commute again today!

16. Bananahead

Bananahead pfm Member

17. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 Expert in sheep worrying.

18. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I see Trevor Horn has let himself go!

19. Getgaff

Getgaff pfm Member

Could be anyone under the cap and shades... Taken a few weeks ago at the Gateway of India, Mumbai:

[​IMG]

20. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Smelly, and well past its best

[​IMG]

And the Titan isn't so good neither.