advertisement

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

Well when I spoke to the guy at the Chandlers Ford store where i bought the KEFs he said they weren't likely to get any in. I'm sure he said they don't sell Proac speakers there.

I think each Audio t can choose which products it can stock so they probably do not do proac at chandlers ford but probably available at other branches or head office . I think some stores are a franchise

Just had a nice hour listening to a pair on the end of some nice kit at Zouch Audio in Ashby, after some juggling their position around a bit (they had them quite far out into the room and heavily toed in, not to my taste) they were sounding stunning on a few LPs I took, they were doing that small speaker magic very well indeed and once up against a wall you'd swear the bass was coming from some floorstanders positioned not too far away.

Ordered a pair in black ash, should be picking them up next week. Does anyone know which speaker stands Proac have them sat on here?

https://www.proac-loudspeakers.com/html_files/Speakers.php?Range=Tablette&Speaker=Tablette10

They have reappeared under the Bryston name as the 'MR' range (link). Don't expect them to be cheap, they are a whole different thing to the typical Atacama, Soundstyle or whatever filled stand.

Subject to me not being able to find a pair of R4s, what would be a good alternative that is a bit easier to find? Dreadnoughts or Broadsides maybe? Something else?

They were on Atacama stands for the dem but I didn't rate them much.

Or invest in a beanbag!

28443823644_44651f2e87_b.jpg

Just visible to the left of frame, and yes, I do listen that close! Perfect small speaker listening seat IMHO as you can so easily plonk it right up close to the speakers when needed without marking the carpet and move it away when not in use. Damn comfortable too! There is however a technique to getting up from sitting on a bean bag, and it isn't too dignified!

PS If trying to figure out why Target R series are just so much better and more sought-after than the cheaper look-alike metal stands note the thickness of the solid plate steel base and top plate! These things are crazy heavy and really stay planted.

PS If trying to figure out why Target R series are just so much better and more sought-after than the cheaper look-alike metal stands note the thickness of the solid plate steel base and top plate! These things are crazy heavy and really stay planted.

They are insanely good - or at least the old ones were. I had R1s under my Response 1SCs many years ago. I hope these are the same quality/weight...

Indeed, I never had any remote idea what 1SCs could do until I heard a pair on R1s driven by a Krell KSA80. Just astonishing, anyone who thinks small speakers lack weight and scale really needs to hear such a system!

PS Anyone looking for second hand ones the difference between the R1 and R4 is only a couple of cm in height (R4 very slightly taller). Both are fine for shoebox sized speakers.

Deco Audio are big proponents of open frame stands - Something Solid - for Proacs and other small speakers. Plenty of examples of this for the Harbeth P3s as well. -

I have historically used Target R4s with my 1SCs but would be interested in trying the open frame stands - would probably yield a different sonic signature than the high mass ones - anyone tried ?

I've hopefully acquired some R4s for when the Tab 10s arrive, I use Kytes in the TV system and I'm looking to find some open frame stands for those so I might try various stand designs with both sets and see how it goes.

A few years ago I stupidly sold a mint pair of Kytes with their proper Rega stands, don't think I've seen another set since.

I have historically used Target R4s with my 1SCs but would be interested in trying the open frame stands - would probably yield a different sonic signature than the high mass ones - anyone tried ?

I tried Tablette 50 Sigs on both Target R1s and Kan II stands and they sounded pretty bad on the latter, they lost a lot of weight and sounded rather upper-bass boomy. Nothing wrong with Kan stands at all, but ProAcs just need the best high mass stands you can find IME, and in Target Rs you already have the best.

I tried the Proac's with my Vista Audio Spark amplifier this weekend. It's a magical combination.

If you have a big room you'd need more power but in my 12' x 11.5' room it's perfect.

It's really a wonderful setup.

I've tried the Tablette 10 driven by Nap 500: they don't have the weight of my DBL but I could live with them.
Wonderful!

Well they've been delayed for two weeks due to cabinet stock issues, at least that gives me time to find some stands and make room for them.

I decided to change my order for the ebony finish, they wont be in stock until mid April!

They're either in high demand and struggling to meet the orders or are made in small batches from the looks of it.

Oh well.

advertisement

Back