1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Jodet, Dec 1, 2016.

1. TLS

TLS pfm Member

2. Jodet

Jodet pfm Member

I have a pair at home and they are spectacular. I've already sold my LS-50's which they replaced.

3. ducatiman

ducatiman pfm Member

Can you give us some more in depth comment

4. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Damn I want a pair now. They would probably suit my set-up better than the KEF LS50s as I tend to have the speakers on a sideboard close to the back wall. I can tell the right speaker has slightly more bass bloom than the left because it's in a corner. Despite the less-than-ideal set-up the LS50s still sound excellent.

I do have speaker stands but it's a bit of a faff with the speaker cables setting them up.

5. ryder

ryder pfm Member

Do you still have the Harbeth P3ESR with you? If yes, how does the Proac Tablette 10 compare to the P3ESR?

I have always been fascinated by the detail and imaging prowess of the Proac mini-monitors, areas where the Harbeth may be lacking. Nevertheless, when it comes to an overall natural, balanced and coherent sound, the Harbeth seems to nail it most of the time.

6. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I wonder if the Celef LS3/5A-alike mentioned on page one of the thread are in effect the same drivers and crossovers but in a traditional screwed BBC thin-wall box? Another pair has just appeared on eBay (link). It would be very interesting to see how they compared.

7. Muttley2

Muttley2 pfm Member

Jodet, would like to hear some more of your views on these and a comparison to the LS50.

8. Jodet

Jodet pfm Member

I've had LS-50's for many years and really like them. I like the new Proac's quite a bit more. They are smoother, more detailed and more open. The work better closer to a wall which is a real convenience for me. They blend better with a subwoofer as well.

I haven't done a direct compare to the P3ESR (which I have in my office) but I'm pretty sure the Proac's would win that fight, too. They are really spectacular little speakers.

9. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Yours is the third comment that I have seen expressing a preference for the Tablette 10s over the LS50s.

I wonder if I could do some sort of exchange with the dealer I bought the LS50s from?

10. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Hmm, interest suitably piqued. My next speaker foray was going to be a DIY kit pair of Falcons, not sure now.

11. Foot Tapper

Foot Tapper Foot Tapper

Oh, no. I really, really need a pair of those in the ebony finish.

The ludicrously heavy Target stands are in storage, just waiting to be re-acquainted with speakers like these.

Now, I don't have a room or any electronics to go with them, but those are just minor details. I definitely need a pair of these. The Proac Tablette 2000 Signatures might also have to come out of storage to provide an objective benchmark.

FT

12. ryder

ryder pfm Member

I wonder how does the costlier Proac Tablette Anniversary and Response DB1 compare with the Tablette 10. Will the cheaper 10 sound better than its costlier brethren?

13. ryder

ryder pfm Member

It sounds like you may have a winner in the Tablette 10 to be able to outshine the P3ESR.

14. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

I'd highly recommend listening to the Studio 118s too, yes they're (front) ported, but don't seam to be fussy about placement in the slightest.

15. Cato

Cato pfm Member

Jodet - May I ask what amp and front-end you are using wit the Tab 10s ?

16. Jodet

Jodet pfm Member

I've used them in my office system driven by a Hegel H80. And my home theater, Cambridge CXR200. Source is their blu-ray. Also a Bluesound Node 2 streamer.

Haven't tried them upstairs in the main system yet. SL-1200G with a 2m bronze into a ARC LP1, PS Audio Signature pre and Benchmark amp.

17. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Bah. It looks like Audio T won't be stocking the Proac Tablette 10s so there goes my idea of a part-exchange with the KEFs. A shame as I would have liked to have used them again.

I'll have to keep saving.

18. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

They are on their Website l thought?

19. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

No. They have Proac Tablette Anniversary speakers, but not the Tablette 10s.

20. Pinky

Pinky In suspense, not compressed

As they are a Proac dealer surely they could order you a pair in even if they don't usually stock them? Might be worth asking.