advertisement

What's your most pretentious/Most stupid hifi product name

Strat.
pinkguitars.jpg

While you chaps were all looking at the geetars I noticed the photo frames had more dogs in them than humans -- something I wholly respect and resonate with.

...had more dogs in them than humans -- something I wholly respect and resonate with.

Is that since they made fox hunting illegal, or did you feel the same way when they were allowed to rip you to shreds?

Is that since they made fox hunting illegal, or did you feel the same way when they were allowed to rip you to shreds?

Since I realized that dogs are better and more deserving of a long and loved life rather than most people I meet that, frankly, don't really deserve to be walking about on this planet.

It's a tough one, I like dogs myself and the state of our parks is down to the owners arguably. Nevertheless, to take kids round any woods or parks is a minefield and I'm pretty sure all the crap and wee is canine and not human.

A little OT but blame the owners not the dogs for not picking it up. Anyway the shit and filth humans pump into the environment is peanuts compared to dogs.

Whatever dogs drop is biodegradable, at least.

Human droppings are worse than anything else. ( shits stay for centuries )

You guys. It`s got to be Well Tempered Amadaeus.........Whitaloadapish!! How could anyone say they had that with a straight face.

Amadaeus AMADAEUS Amadaeus!

Rock me amadaeus! R R R Rock me AMADAEUS!!

haha

To be honest it's hard naming things, particularly in ranges. There's usually a theme to them.

As you go up the range I think they should go something like

Poverty model
Poverty model Plus
Deluxe
Superior (for now)

When a range goes end of life, you can do a limited run of "Ultimate"

Cheers

And when you run out of an idea, just stuck any of these words and alas, it's new again.
Limited Edition
Special Edition
Signature
Reference
Anniversary
Platinum Signature

And if you are really desperate just combine two words out of any of above.

This was meant to be a (weak) joke about your username "Fox" and you affection for dogs. Sort of like shouting "mint sauce" at lambs.
Oh well, never mind.

Back on topic:
I always thought the CD12 was a pretentious name, not the name itself but the fact that it cost £12K and was meant to soimehow indicate iconic status like the LP12.

I once spoke to the late and great Doug Dunlop of Concordant audio ' i asked him about the names of his kit , and this is what he said.

How about an Exemplar ' can i tempt ya '

Or an Excelsior ' its gonna melt ya '

Ahh an Exquisite ' oh what a treat '

lovely eccentric character .

Should do it like shampoo.

Take a boring one.

Sugden A21. A21A. Pah!

Sugden A21 with 50% extra FREE 30W for the price of 20W. Contains extract of the mullard berry for silky smooth mids. NEW FORMULA - specially created by Laboratory Heckmondwike.

This was meant to be a (weak) joke about your username "Fox" and you affection for dogs. Sort of like shouting "mint sauce" at lambs.
Oh well, never mind.

Back on topic:
I always thought the CD12 was a pretentious name, not the name itself but the fact that it cost £12K and was meant to soimehow indicate iconic status like the LP12.
Why not? CDs are 12 cm...

advertisement

Back