advertisement

What's your most pretentious/Most stupid hifi product name

cooky1257

pfm Member
Reading through some other threads here got me thinking about product names.
When members post their hifi journey I can't help chuckle at some kit model names. Speakers seem to be the worst offenders-no wonder Joe Public thinks its all bollocks with names like Orpheus Tempest Ephemeral Lab Monitor 3.5's..(ok I made that up but who'd know?)

Sonus Faber calling their product lines "collections" is pretty pretentious IMO even though they do look lovely.

Is it Linn that calls a bit of flat metal the "trampolin" and now another bit of flat metal with bits cut out the "keel".

Just one word springs to mind ...bollokks..no two words ...kobblers....

M.

There are so many now, I wouldn't know where to begin. Just flick through a copy of Stereophile or Absolute Sounds and take yer pick.

Is it Linn that calls a bit of flat metal the "trampolin" and now another bit of flat metal with bits cut out the "keel".

Just one word springs to mind ...bollokks..no two words ...kobblers....

M.
I think that's quite fun (trampolinn=springy bit, keel=the bit at the bottom).

Or the old "DC2100K"

B&O had and still have some corkers... "Ouverture" and "Serene" to name but two.

Good products include one or more of the following in the name --
  • something to indicate a cut above the ordinary (e.g., Preeminence, Prestige, Reference, Signature, Super, Pro Series)
  • a Greek letter (e.g., Alpha, Gamma, Micro, Zeta, Omega)
  • a musical term (e.g, Allegro, Chorus, Overture, Symphony, Encore)
  • a Roman numeral (e.g., I, II, V)
  • a precious metal, stone or type of wood (e.g., Gold, Silver, Platinum, Jade, Diamond, Rosewood, Ebony)
  • a shape (e.g., Sphere, Cube, Pyramid)
  • mythology (e.g., Valhalla, Apollo, Oracle, Genesis)
  • application of science or technology (e.g., Research, Empirical, Energy, Response, Logic, Spectral, Labs, Design)
  • mathematical concept (e.g., Infinity, Aleph, Zero)
Joe

anything with Titanium in its title that contains no titanium.

in hifi the 'Roksan Touraj Moghaddam Signature' couldn't be much further up its own.

any and all companies that use a derivative of the term:

cryogenically

Your Cryogenically treated pal from the frozen alberta wastelend

Louballoo

advertisement

Back