advertisement

What's your favourite Christmas album?

3Q5Gtxv.png

Become a family tradition, it's on at the moment as the Christmas Tree is being put up.

.sjb

Exactly this.

My less cynical side says Phil Spector's A Christmas Gift For You.
What I actually play is the Ze Records Christmas album

l always thought the Coldplay LP ' Viva la vida or death all his friends' ( apart from the title) sounds very Christmasy and wintery- a great LP.

It used to be the Beach Boys - The Beach Boys Christmas album. Nelson Riddle style arrangements and 5 part vocal harmonies. Just Swoon. Everytime.

Now it's the Flaming Lips - Imagene Peis - Atlas Eets Christmas.

This really should be piped into every supermarket in the land - along with some kind of hallucinogenic scent...Like Frank Incense or Meh

Huddersfield Choral Society Carols album
A Classic Christmas
Michael Buble, Christmas
Now That's What I Call Christmas
King's College Choir, Favourite carols
The Count Basie orchestra, a Very Swingin' Christmas
The Glenn Miller Orchestra, In The Swinging Christmas Mood
Choir of Merton College, Oxford On Christmas Night
The best Christmas Album in the world...ever!
Finally, Simon and Garfunkel, the 7 o' clock News/Silent Night. It's just one track, not an album, but a beautiful song.
It's Christmas, 50 original classics.
All on CD except S&G.

Funny Looking Angels - Smith and Burrows.

The Day the Thames Froze and This Ain't New Jersey are excellent.

Following recommendations on this thread I've just listened to Low - Christmas which was much gentler and reflective than I was expecting. Merits further listening. My wife's comments, however, were not one to get the party going.

Kenny Burrell. Have Yourself a Soulful Little Christmas on Cadet Records. (Have a listen on Spotify)

R-173616-1154443431.jpeg.jpg

Cocteau Twins - Snow

I've been working on this assignment since Derek set it, but have failed as I can only muster a two track e.p.

R-173616-1154443431.jpeg.jpg

Cocteau Twins - Snow

I've been working on this assignment since Derek set it, but have failed as I can only muster a two track e.p.

No need to worry about it John as there are still 363 days to go before Christmas, I'm sure you'll come up with a full album long before then :D

advertisement

Back