advertisement

What's The Last Vinyl Album You Bought?

The last vinyl album I bought arrived last week. It has been something I have been after for a long while. I have played it several times during the week and it is up there in the all time top 100. It warrants a thread...

A1hKMgaFpWL._SL1500_.jpg

Big Country - Steeltown (on vinyl)
Liked their fist album (The Crossing) so much, took a punt on the above at my local record store yesterday. Have not played it yet.

From Gagarin's Point Of View by E.S.T. , released on vinyl from the analogue tapes, cool and nice .

Pushed the button on these last night:-

1 X Sankt Otten - Engtanz Depression (Clear Red Vinyl) 2x12''
1 X Ricardo Donoso - Saravá Exu (Clear Vinyl) 12''
1 X Carlos Cipa - All Your Life You Walk (Royal Blue Vinyl) 2x12''
1 X Fogh Depot - S/t (Silver Vinyl) 12''
1 X Never Sol - Under Quiet (Ultraclear Vinyl) 2x12''
1 X AUN - Alpha Heaven (Ultraclear Vinyl) 12''
1 X Dale Cooper Quartet & The Dictaphones + Witxes - Split (Clear Gold Vinyl)12''
1 X Ensemble Economique - Melt Into Nothing (Clear Gold Vinyl) 12''
1 X Federico Albanese - The Houseboat and the Moon Reworked (Clear Red Vinyl)12''
1 X Franz Kirmann - Meridians (Clear Gold Vinyl) 2x12''

Angel Delight....Fairport.

Dave Swarbrick on full nasel intonation here....arse !

The last vinyl album I bought arrived last week. It has been something I have been after for a long while. I have played it several times during the week and it is up there in the all time top 100. It warrants a thread...

Give us a clue the suspense is killing me....

Got a signed copy of Chris Barber and Ottilie Paterson Live in Berlin today for the princely sum of 25p in the local Age Concern.

Vivaldi box set of Viol/Viola D'Amore stuff.
Beethoven quartets, Guarneri Quartet

[both Oxfam]

Gemma Ray - Down Baby Down

Joe Cocker - Sheffield Steel: purchased 1hr ago from my local vinyl store. Will be playing this evening....

Just bought some blue notes from the Amazon marketplace because I was given some vouchers for something or other... Joining prime I think....

So The latest I got from this unexpected swag-fest was the Ornette Coleman Blue Note reissue of New York is Now on Vinyl. The marketplace sellers like dodaxuk is starting to send EU copies now which is nice as it comes with an MP3 voucher, not that I will ever use it. It's all easy enough to stream on Spotify etc but a nice gesture.

51E-BTia8DL.jpg

I just love that picture of the background Jimmy Garrisson with a cigarette hanging out, it's a shame it's such an unhealthy thing to do (he died of lung cancer), but it looks completely cool.

advertisement

Back