advertisement

What's The Last Vinyl Album You Bought?

I can't put a finger on the exact last record I bought as I've just had a splurge around the charity shops and ended up with 40 classical records, and 2 Peggy Lee. I wouldn't normally go for Peggy Lee, but they were in such good condition that I couldn't resist. One of them is in mono, and sounds really good with loads of detail.

Some of the classical records are from the 1950s, and I was surprised at how good the recordings are, especially the stereo ones!

Cheers
Garry

Latest one, Mogwai - Every Country's Son.
Prior to that, The Pretty Things - SF Sorrow (Madfish stereo),
Public Service Broadcasting's - Every Valley
and Martyn Bennett's - Grit

I can't put a finger on the exact last record I bought as I've just had a splurge around the charity shops and ended up with 40 classical records, and 2 Peggy Lee. I wouldn't normally go for Peggy Lee, but they were in such good condition that I couldn't resist. One of them is in mono, and sounds really good with loads of detail.

Some of the classical records are from the 1950s, and I was surprised at how good the recordings are, especially the stereo ones!

Cheers
Garry

Would have loved to have picked up that Peggy Lee album. I never find anything that good in charity shops.

John Coltrane - Heavyweight Champion Box Set, 11 LP set from the Rhino handmade series containing all his Atlantic Records releases with an additional outtakes double LP. Beautiful set and well worth obtaining if you see one and a fan of Coltrane

I might be tempted to get the Atlantic mono set next

Brought quite a few at the weekend from the Motorcycle Museum Record fair, highlights were;

Ike Quebec - Bossa nova soul samba
Hank Mobley - Slice of the top
Hank Mobley - Peckin Time
Jackie Mclean - One step beyond
Belafonte - Live at the Carnegie Hall

Scored quite a few DG classical of Karajan for 50 pence

All in all not a bad day

So when the Rams win, you buy an LP. I would have thought beating Forest was worth at least 2 or even 3.

Well It is and I did:

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow

The Cure - Staring at the Sea - The Singles

Neil Young - Peace Trail

All 3 from the latest HMV sale over here in Derby my old fruit!

Elvis Costello’s Blood & chocolate on MoFi, as my original copy is getting on a bit & my cd version doesn’t sound as good as the lp does.

advertisement

Back