advertisement

What's the biggest item of audio equipment you've ever bought?

Physically the biggest are my Tune Audio Anima speakers, but they aren't as heavy as the Goldmund Epilog 1&2 at 130kg, though they dismantle into 2 lighter boxes which are still too heavy.
The most shockingly dense are the Goldmund mono amps at around 75kg each.

This thread makes me feel totally inadequate - the largest bit of hifi is a pair of Obelisks, which even have wheels for god's sake!

KEF 107 upgraded to a mark 2 then replaced by Wilson Benesch ACTs (cannot remember the specific model) then replaced by Wilson Benesch Chimeras the boxes were coffin sized so they are the only bit of kit that I do not have the boxes for so I cannot sell them on.

It would have to be a toss up between the Neat Ultimatum XL10 (2 x 75kg plywood crates) and the Kudos Titan T88 (4 x 25-35kg cardboard boxes). Both well worth the effort though.

I'm pretty jealous reading this thread because even if I had the room to accommodate huge speakers SWIMBO wouldn't stand for two huge wooden boxes in the living room. I however would love a pair of ATC SCM100's

Impulse H2'S,although they didn't take up much more room than the Snell E's they replaced.

I'm pretty jealous reading this thread because even if I had the room to accommodate huge speakers SWIMBO wouldn't stand for two huge wooden boxes in the living room. I however would love a pair of ATC SCM100's

My 100s were great, but big for sure. After a couple of house moves I’ve now got some 50 Towers and they are actually quite discreet. High quality but very simple and self-effacing cabinets. Your mrs would barely notice them. Only 300mm wide - less than an LP.

Impulse H2 for size and weight.

Quad 63s for size but not that heavy.

Ditto, but some lovely 989s collected today and currently sharing the room with H2s. Speaker demands: floor area getting a bit out of hand...will spend some of tomorrow rearranging things (slowly!) - but first, some listening :D

Ditto, but some lovely 989s collected today and currently sharing the room with H2s. Speaker demands: floor area getting a bit out of hand...will spend some of tomorrow rearranging things (slowly!) - but first, some listening :D

Ah, excellent - a clash of the tians for sure.

I'm surprised nobody has tried to revive the H2. While ESLs present a quite different picture of events, I rarely hear designs today able to hold a candle to the H2.

Biggest size, weight, cost? Thinks - they are all a similar size, weight and cost except an LP12 size and weight and far too much cost.
Smallest rPi and lowest cost - greatest fun.

advertisement

Back