advertisement

What is a good reference speaker for use with Naim electronics?

With reference to the original question, have a listen to the Totem "Forest".

Although I'm not massively keen on the Naim offerings (a few exceptions) I heard these on a Naim system (sorry, can't remember specifics) and was very impressed, not to mention surprised!

Thanks very much for your help. I think PMC might be the way to go.

I know they are well designed/made and are widely available and should have decent bass response which will really help illustrate the benefits of RoomPerfect.

Or booming depending on the room.

Or do acoustics not affect things if you use the right amp.......

.....sorry, let's not go there.

jackbarron:

Could you tell us what you liked about the Guru QM 10's? I'm in the market for speakers, and I'm pretty curious about these.

I've been using the QM10s for about a year now with a 252/300 fed from a Slim Devices Transporter. The QM10s really let the music through and have a great sense of pace and timing. I've heard others say they lack transparancy, but I've never found this to ba a problem. For me they were always going to be a stop-gap until I could afford something in the £6-7k region; the new Ovators will be auditioned at home soon as I thought they sounded great on the Naim tour this summer. I've also heard the QM10s on a Uniti and a Supernait and thought they worked really well.

Naim speakers aren't Hip, Now or With It....errr...man/dude/daddi-o/bossman/my man.

GURU then ;-) that's a hip name init ....

iv'e never heard a setup with naim speakers EVER !

infact my friend has a very nice naim setup let down by some sbl's the £150 missions pissed all over em!

SBLs aren't the easiest speaker in the world to setup. From personal experience, they can sound like oversized out-of-phase Kans if just one of the bass driver bins isn't resting squarely on its spikes.

advertisement

Back