advertisement

What have you just re-discovered?

Barrymagrec

pfm Member
This is intended to complement the new purchases thread.

Last night I played my 32 year old LP of Boult`s 1971 recording of the Vaughan Williams London Symphony.
I have many other versions of this work on CD, early Boult, Previn, Handley, the Hickox original recording but I haven`t played the late Boult LP for a long time - it was sublime.
Not really a re-discovery I know, just long neglected with so many other wonderful recordings to play - I just wondered if others have had a similar experience recently?

I played my old RVW compilation on EMI last week, inc. Janet Baker singing 'Linden Lee' and the funny and uplifting 'March Past of the Kitchen a Utensils'.

Again, not re-discovery per se but I recently enjoyed Boxer by The National ... loved it. That was on MP3/phone/train/noise cancelling headphones. Traditional hi-fi's a nice-to-have and a fun hobby, nothing more!

Again, not re-discovery per se but I recently enjoyed Boxer by The National ... loved it. That was on MP3/phone/train/noise cancelling headphones. Traditional hi-fi's a nice-to-have and a fun hobby, nothing more!

A classic, I agree, but perhaps not enough to qualify here? :)

This is intended to complement the new purchases thread.

Last night I played my 32 year old LP of Boult`s 1971 recording of the Vaughan Williams London Symphony.
I have many other versions of this work on CD, early Boult, Previn, Handley, the Hickox original recording but I haven`t played the late Boult LP for a long time - it was sublime.
Not really a re-discovery I know, just long neglected with so many other wonderful recordings to play - I just wondered if others have had a similar experience recently?

A great Symphony all the same- enjoy it.:)

advertisement

Back