advertisement

What are you listening to right now #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyoncé's self-titled album - the blu-ray version with 5.1 surround sound and stunning visuals from start to finish :cool:

51lipBFcmIL._SL1200_.jpg

Superb album from MH, the progression from TalkTalk to this minimalist but engaging listen is fascinating.

716raNdutsL._SL1052_.jpg

Superb album from MH, the progression from TalkTalk to this minimalist but engaging listen is fascinating.

716raNdutsL._SL1052_.jpg
Its a brilliant album.:cool:
Not sure if you have heard all the Talk Talk albums?
The minimalist is how they started out.
Marks solo album is more of a regression than progression, sort of back to his roots.
Heard on the grape vine around two years ago he was working on a new project.

Dark Side of the Moon - 15 IPS tape safety copy

Ooh. One of my earliest musical memories was listening to the Rolling Stones on a reel to reel (1964?)

Quite fixated by the glowing of the neon light indicator thing spreading from the middle to the outside and back again when you turned it on I was.

Never mind the music.

Just heard Chris Stapleton, From A Room, on Qobuz. First listen for me, just sampling stuff, but it immediately grabbed me, bluesy country vibe but really stripped back with a fabulous guitar sound. The recording sounded excellent to me, great dynamics (dreadful album cover though..).

Ooh. One of my earliest musical memories was listening to the Rolling Stones on a reel to reel (1964?)

Quite fixated by the glowing of the neon light indicator thing spreading from the middle to the outside and back again when you turned it on I was.

Never mind the music.

Sounds like a real nostalgia trip. Some of the earlier Revoxes had a magic eye in the 50/60s. No neon bits on my current R2Rs, but they do have nice meters :)

Y'know. I'd love to know the make and model of that machine. It had like a spirit level thing on the top in the middle that lit up when you turned the big knob on (I know, but I was 6 years old- it was a big thing to see back then!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back