advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think to that O'Mally thing? I nearly bought it yesterday but decided I have enough stuff of that ilk and wasn't sure he'd really be any good at it. GRM recorded though...

I can't remember the name of the compilation, but there's an Andy Stott CD from a few years ago which is great. His albums are generally a bit poor IMO but he has a pretty good collection of 12s.

I nearly didn't buy the O'Malley / Rehberg based on the description I got in the shop and I only went in for Dopesmoker (which they didn't have). Later in the conversation, the guy mentioned they were buying from Boomkat distro and I realised the description was based on their stupid review, so I ignored it and took a chance. Side 1 and 2 are pretty good and made a nice pairing with the Blanck Mass. Side 3 is special IMO, but I like Johannes Johansson so YMMV. Side 4 is a guy talking in French. The Stott is 2 12" singles and I like it. You couldn't dance to it or anything, or at least shouldn't probably but the 4th side in particular I enjoyed on first play. Not a bad haul for a random Saturday.

Radiohead Rainbow, vinyl brand new, 1st play. Looks like my needles cleaning the crap out of the bottom of the groove, already had to stop for a clean twice :-(

The tonearms swinging side to side with the hole being off centre, I hope the B sides better……..

Playlist for today morning:

Earth And Fire - Gate To Infinity [LP] - now playing
Earth And Fire - Reality Fills Fantasy [LP]
Jean-Michel Jarre - Magnetic Fields [LP]
Lou Reed - New Sensations [LP]
Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis? [LP]
Supertramp - Breakfast In America [LP]
Wishbone Ash - Front Page News [LP]

Now listening to the Freewheelin' Bob Dylan original mono LP. Great songs - nice recording too!
Just listened to Bringing it All Back Home [Mono VINYL] and just about to put on Highway 61 Revisited [Mono VINYL] I can't think of any artist who has recorded two ground breaking albums, that changed popular music for ever, in the same year. Unbelievable.

Solar Fields' Movements.

Started listening to the Imogen Heap - interesting, quirky and in places oddly lovely. I'll finish listing to it later. Thanks, mrcp, for sharing. Just noticed, your first post - welcome!

The Nightingales - No Love Lost.
Prefab Sprout - recently found live at Hammersmith Odeon 1986
Hank Mobley - Newark, 1953.

Decent bank holiday so far.

R-2200176-1269443518.jpeg

Part Wild Horses Mane On Both Sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back