advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
La Belle - Nightbirds (Whilst completing mandatory E-Learning courses for end of reporting period).

i dusted off the soundtrack LP of Mc Cartneys (failed) Give my Regards to Broad St and gave that a spin - Wow
Was suddenly reminded of the excellent D Gilmour guitar solo on No more Lonely Nights.
Some older Beatles and Wings reworkings are nice too.

Miles: Dark Magus, Four Men with Beards pressing. I can't understand why this cost me £30. The sleeve is very nice heavy board & all, but the pressing is the usual 4MWB poor quality vinyl, and really nothing special. Afaik the original recording isn't that great, but they could at least use vinyl which doesn't pick up marks from its own sleeve.

Miles: Dark Magus, Four Men with Beards pressing. I can't understand why this cost me £30. The sleeve is very nice heavy board & all, but the pressing is the usual 4MWB poor quality vinyl, and really nothing special. Afaik the original recording isn't that great, but they could at least use vinyl which doesn't pick up marks from its own sleeve.

I'd wondered about this one but the CD isn't really an audiophile cut either (not that I care, the music is all killer) and I can at least be sure that the CD got a sniff of the master tape! OTOH, I've spotted a late 70s 2LP copy of Agharta in a local s/h emporium. Tempting.

Yes, I presume this is just a vinyl transfer from digital source. It's OK, but should cost £10, not £30. I think they use recycled vinyl too as all the 4MWB presses I have are the same dull colour and pick up marks from taking the discs in and out of the sleeves.
Is the Agharta reasonable money? If so, what are you waiting for? :)

Yes, I presume this is just a vinyl transfer from digital source. It's OK, but should cost £10, not £30. I think they use recycled vinyl too as all the 4MWB presses I have are the same dull colour and pick up marks from taking the discs in and out of the sleeves.
Is the Agharta reasonable money? If so, what are you waiting for? :)

I've had the same issues with 4MWB (Wire, Scott Walker). Never again.

I seem to remember Agharta was fifteen smackeroos, might have been less. Reasons for non purchase are slightly embarrassing. Last time I was in there I lost my wedding ring. It fell off my finger while I was talking to the owner. He then spent ages dragging out racks and crates of vinyl to help me find it, to no avail. A week later, I found it in the bag I'd been carrying at the time. Oops.

I suppose this means I owe him one.

D'oh :) 15 clams seems about right - do it. I reckon the late Miles funk stuff is due to go up in value at some point soon as it seems to be slowly growing in popularity. Or perhaps that's just among the people I keep playing it to.

Shellac: The Rude Gesture... Is this my favourite Shellac record?

CM2: Interpretation by Cornelius, currently on the genius remix of The Avalanches' Since I Left You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back