advertisement

Well tempered TLC cartridge?

Jeam

pfm Member
I’m looking for an other cartridge in my WT simplex. At the moment I use a AT95E.
Does anyone of you got experience with the WT TLC cartridge?

Well I’ve no idea about the particular cartridge you mention but I’ve listened to a WT Simplex (GT I think) fitted with a Koetsu Rosewood and it sounded great! So, in terms of cartridge choice, the world is pretty much your oyster.

I use the AT95SA upgrade stylus, shibata diamond, highly polished tip in a Clearaudio cartridge, works well for me.

Bloss

Jeam

The TLC is based on a Nagoaka cartridge with design input from Well Tempered's Bob(?) Firebaugh. Nagoakas are very highly regarded so I don't think you can go wrong.

As Clay said above, based on a modified Nagaoka MP150, it is a very good MM cartridge. Goes great on a Simplex, and I have also heard one on a Consonance Wax Engine table as well, another great match for reasonable price.

Another cartridge at similar pricing-$530 US, I am curious about is the LP Gear Vessel R3SV MM with Ruby cantilever. I think the TLC is $550 US.

PS-I would say that a Dynavector 10X5 is another good match on the Simplex, nice high output MC.

That will be a stupendous upgrade from an AT95. I'm no fan of the AT95, I know they are cheap enough and great at what they do for pocket money but there are an awful lot of better carts out there without spending the earth.

Thanks for reply!
I’m just interessed in de difference between the cartridges. My dealer will take 3 of them To try in the WT. AT440, benz micro silver and WT TLC.
We Will see.....

Old post, but would be interesting to know if the Well Tempered TLC (Nagaoka) would be worth a try.

Hi,
Yes it is!
I do play with the TLC now for 3 years. It sounds very good. Lot of detail, Nice high and low. No colouring just neutral. I can listen hours …

advertisement

Back