1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Wear your music on your lapels...

Discussion in 'music' started by seagull, Dec 21, 2010.

1. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

This would have been very popular in the late 70's when everyone wore badges depicting their favourite band/album/single etc...

Playbutton

2. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Yes, I can see those selling in the dozens.

Why? Surely the people who are that desperate to let everyone know what they're listening to buy those little ipods?

3. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

No, I think it's a brilliant idea. It's all very well DLing music, great until you are bored on a journey, then what? This allows you to see an album in a shop, petrol station, clothes shop, anywhere, buy it and listen to it there and then.

It might even work as a crossover sale in say a fast food outlet. You like the music that's playing, it's on special offer at £x, or if you buy it with a ShiteMeal it's only £y.

4. Anex

Anex Señor Member

I have an ipod with 50 gazillion songs on it; it's not generally an issue. I don't imagine I'm alone in this.

5. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

And then the next week it can be added to the landfill.

Hurray for progress.

6. Engels

Engels pfm Member

Wearing Badges Is Not Enough In Days Like These (B.Bragg esq)

7. glenda

glenda pfm Member

On the contrary , my Smirks Against Travolta badge almost brought Hollywood to its knees in 1978 ...or I may just be imagining that.

http://thesmirks.com/travolta.shtml

Glenda

8. Dave Decadent

Dave Decadent Live Fast - Die Young

I remember The Smirks, saw em at Middleton Civic Hall back in 1978.