advertisement

Vinyl at Sainsburys

Fudgemaster

pfm Member
Not long ago, Sainsbury's said that they were going to continue stocking vinyl, but the branch at Derby Wyvern no longer has any vinyl at all. Though they now have an Argos branch.
Do other branches still stock vinyl, please?

One of the Sainsbury’s branches in Oxford still has some. The selection on the rack seems to change every few weeks.

Ours down here in Swansea hasn't stocked any vinyl for while. Bit disappointing after the inital push.

I’m all for supporting local independent shops ..These Supermarkets selling vinyl don’t give a monkey ,they are only selling for a quick buck and then clear the shelves as stated in some of the above posts..
Supporting your local record dealer has lots and lots of benefits,new releases every Friday ,back catalogue ordering,used vinyl section,friendly service and also most will give you a free carrier bag to carry your purchase home (thus saving 5 p)..
Do Supermarkets offer this ? Naw I don’t think so..
Plenty around Midlands area !

Not long ago, Sainsbury's said that they were going to continue stocking vinyl, but the branch at Derby Wyvern no longer has any vinyl at all. Though they now have an Argos branch.
Do other branches still stock vinyl, please?
Mansfield Nottm. has 2 stands of records. There are also a few in Morrisons at the moment, DSOTM remaster £17 - Morrisons usually reduce everything to half price after Christmas... There has been no problem changing a record if warped, generally they are great.

SF Sorrow is one of my psych album's of the 60's along with Phillip Debarge I really must look out another copy.

I bought SF Sorrow and the Smiths compilation Hatful of Hollow, but the problem is that the selection is so small, that it will be ages before another one becomes available that I like! My wife and I shop in Sainsburys every week, and I could imagine me buying an LP or two every time we go in there; I think they need to make a bigger commitment for it to be a viable proposition.

I did buy a few LP's earlier this year, and although I didn't buy every week, it was good to check out new stock, and with their statement that they were continuing to stock vinyl I looked forward to being able to buy from a somewhat restricted choice, while doing our weekly shop. But, now there's an Argos branch we didn't need, and we're still finding our way round the reorganised store.
If I want to buy from a shop it means a day out to Nottingham or Derby, so I usually buy on line, whenever I decide to buy another LP.
I now try to buy better quality pressings, and now have multiple copies of some discs, but cost is always a factor, so some are "considered" purchases.
But Sainsburys shouldn't make statements they're not going to commit to.

Our store hasn't put in any fresh vinyl for weeks; I suspect they'll not bother to restock.

advertisement

Back