advertisement

Unit Atom Multiroom query

ItalianMike

pfm Member
Hi

I have just set-up my UnitiAtom, and everything is working just fine, but...

I cannot see the other multiroom devices.

I have a UnitiQute two floors below, and a NAC 272 one floor below. These two 'see' each other in multiroom via the naim app on my android 'phone, but the Atom is not visible as a multiroom device from either the UQ or the 272.

Conversely, the Atom does not 'see' the UQ or the 272 in its multiroom panel.

Are the 'legacy' devices multiroom compatible with the new Uniti range and vice-versa?

I have not set-up Built-in Chromecast as an input in the Atom, and I have tried using the Atom as a server - and not as a server - without any effect. I have factory re-set the Atom, and re-set the naim app on my 'phone but the result is always the same: it's as if the devices are using separate multiroom protocols.

Mike

I believe Naim have already said/ admitted that as yet, the multi-room capability is not working on the new Uniti series. However it will be sorted in the near future, they say.

It's multiroom playback using a mix of new and old platform streamers that isn't working. That appears to be what you have, so you will just have to hope that a firmware update comes along to fix it.

advertisement

Back