advertisement

Totem Sky?

redeye

pfm Member
Stand mount or floorstanders. Any owners here or fish people who’ve heard them? Would potentially be used in a supernaity, cdx2y kinda arrangementy type thingy...

Thx for perseveringly

red

Not the Sky's, but I did have Totem Forests for a few years, used with Naim CDX2/282/250. I really liked them. Powerful bass end. Maybe in my room, a bit too much bass power. They needed amps with very good bass grip to control them. I've also heard a few others in the Totem range & think they were all pretty decent.

I love my Totem Arro's partnered with Rega Elex-R. Imaging is amazing and I think that is the same across the entire range.

Have heard both briefly, would say for their price point both are well worth a listen. Totem & Naim are a fairly common pairing, so if the speaker does what you're looking for, should be a good combo.

i had the original Forests,but fell instantly in love with Forest Signatures!....beautiful gloss finish over Canadian cherry.
their performance is everything a Totem speaker should be ;).

Have heard extensively or owned: Model 1, Rainmaker, Sky.
The first two are 4 ohms, the sky is rated 8 ohms (though haven't seen measurements of it).
The thing I notice positively about their speakers is clarity and speed. Very good integration and coherence too. Totems are'nt a ho hum easy listening speaker, they let you know they are there, whether you want them to stay is another matter. Other less positive traits are a character of dryness and brightness at times. And anomalies which are either in the recording or the speaker itself. This trait is less so with sky than it is with model 1, Sky being more "forgiving", but we're talking Totem here. They have qualities other speakers don't, and they have qualities other speakers don't. Since they are small, its no problem to pop them on or off a system. No idea how they are with NAIM.

I've not heard their floor standers but have owned small Mites and they are great . Detailed but an easy listen (not in a dull way). I don't own Naim so you'd need to see how Totem fit with their 'sound'

I have heard both and prefer the floorstanders but it’s a personal preference. I own Kef and Monitor Audio and like both very much but they don’t come close to my Totem Forest Signatures- the fit and finish coupled with their great soundstage and imaging makes it a perfect match with my Elicit-R. I haven’t heard a Totem speaker I didn’t like. Good luck and happy demoing, I look forward to your decision!

I have not experience with the Totem floorstanders, but continue to be very happy with my Mani-2s after over 20 years of ownership. The Model 1s (a pair plus the center channel) I bought to complement them in a surround sound system are good too, although not as good as the Mani-2 pair. All 5 speakers are still like new, having looked recently at the filters inside.

advertisement

Back