advertisement

Tory Brexit vs. Animal Rights

Since we are now in a civil cold war I would like to see a little more action. For example, do not buy from businesses that support Brexit. Don't buy services from people that support Brexit. For example, I use a couple of cab firms I need to check and on reflection probably change one. I will not employ anyone who supports Brexit.( I employ contractors) Nor buy or sell anything to pfm members, trade or personal who support Brexit. We are due to have a bathroom fitted I will informally enquire before deciding who does the work and notify the loser why.

I have no doubt this will emerge as a national campaign sooner or later.

N
Since we are now in a civil cold war I would like to see a little more action. For example, do not buy from businesses that support Brexit. Don't buy services from people that support Brexit. For example, I use a couple of cab firms I need to check and on reflection probably change one. I will not employ anyone who supports Brexit.( I employ contractors) Nor buy or sell anything to pfm members, trade or personal who support Brexit. We are due to have a bathroom fitted I will informally enquire before deciding who does the work and notify the loser why.

I have no doubt this will emerge as a national campaign sooner or later.
Looks like you will be fitting that bathroom yourself, then.....

I'm pretty sure it's not just animals that the Tories think are incapable of feeling pain.

It seems the same applies to the poor, the elderly and the vulnerable homo sapiens in our "society".

and sick that some would put animal welfare above the unemployed, the homeless etc...

I never heard of this way of thinking until I heard 'So What.' I do agree with this but at the same time it is of no surprise to understand why people support animal over human rights when humans cause all of the mess.

Bloss

Check out the people posting far-right or racist memes on Facebook. Many of them have timelines full of sentimental posts about animals.

It is possible to be concerned with both human and animal welfare. This thread is — or was — about animals so it’s hardly surprising that people who have opinions about how we treat animals have expressed their views on the matter.

Joe

Well of course not, but the fact is that lots of Tories did not queue up to deny that animals were sentient. I'm sure finding the Fogle apology on Twitter would take you a matter of minutes....

As ever, whatever one's political persuasions, checking stuff or at least being prepared to have presumptions modified is worth doing in these strange times.

650.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...teve-bell-conservatives-animal-rights-cartoon

Well of course not, but the fact is that lots of Tories did not queue up to deny that animals were sentient.

Some Tories still believe in the Welfare State (he uttered in hushed tones) Tim.

They tend to keep quiet about it for career purposes obviously. After all, who would want to risk losing that pension these days?

There is no escaping the fact that the Party is riddled with evil feckers - only too happy to walk over the souls of the weakest in a broken society, those very people your profession would consider to be at risk, only in order to further their material gains. To support that type of behaviour is to be guilty by association IMO.

Just as the masses fleeing the ISIS lines in Mosel claiming they were forced into fighting for the fundamentalists, so supporters of this social butchery should be held to account and put up against the wall.

No hiding behind "well I voted against it". Bullshit. They are building careers supporting the very people who are punishing those most in need.

I think you mean Mosul. I was living in the Mosel(le) district of France fairly recently and don't remember any pitched battles.

I think you mean Mosul. I was living in the Mosel(le) district of France fairly recently and don't remember any pitched battles.
I don't know. I once saw an English tourist there ask for his steak "bien cuit", order white wine and then send his steak back because the middle bit was still pink. That is one way to pick a fight.

As we hurtle ever closer to the Tories burning all our hard-won EU rights and protections in their idiotic Brexit sham/scam

Er wrong yet again ... the UK voted to leave the EU and the government of the day are duty bound to implement the will of the people ... end of !

Some of 'the people' whose will the government is 'duty bound' to implement, are racists and bigots. Some of them are complete idiots. Some of them are in denial about what they have brought into being and will blame almost anything but the real cause of the problems.

Seriously, is the government really duty bound to implement the will of such people?

I'm not sure reliable figures exist, but my strong feeling is that if you subtract the number of such people from the 'leave' vote tally, then 'remain' would have won the day. Clearly in a democratic society, you can't simply disenfranchise such people, but God help us if we cling to the idea that governments are honour bound to take their views seriously.

I can't see why anyone would argue against high standards for animal welfare, but surely the above EU quote is a complete nonsense. How can you "pay full regard to animal welfare" AND "respect religious rites cultural traditions etc etc". They clearly conflict. This is just more politician's nonsense.

Indeed. It will take a lot of convincing me before I would look upon halal slaughter with anything but abject horror and disgust.

There may be many elephants in the sitting room of animal welfare law, but this one looms more conspicuously invisible than most in much of the dabate.

advertisement

Back