advertisement

Top 10: Worst ever band names

Culture Club is terrible. The Posies. The Pixies used to make me cringe. The Verve sound as boring as the name, as do loads of britpop wet blanket bands (The Wet Blankets is rather good actually, as is Clubbed Foot).

'Four skinny indie kids, drinking weak lager in a Camden boozer'

I nominate those which have obviously taken too long:

The Sound
The Music
The Pop Group
The Pop
Electronic

DS

hush (Kajagoogoo)

Neds Atomic Dustbin -have we had that one?
Carter: The Unstoppable Sex Machine
stereophonics
The Monkeys (ees? who cares its crap)
Blur
The Pidgeon Detectives (f**k me this one's unbearable).
Howard Jones :)rolleyes:)

You've Got Foetus On Your Breath.

Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel.

The Foetus Symphony Orchestra.

Great music and names.

Jack

anything with the word "wolf" in it.

wolf parade
wolf eyes
sea wolf
guitar wolf
wolf and cub
hour of the wolf
wolf coronel
peanut butter wolf
howlin' wolf

No way- it goes in at no 7. Its truly risible.

'Peanut Butter Wolf' :)D) would go straight in top 10 no probs.

No,no you misunderstand I think Pigeon Detectives is a god awful name too-"leave it out" was directed at them and their shite pretentious name :)

Metallica. It's hard to believe how a band bearing such a cheapo name has been able to produce some really good records.

Metallica. It's hard to believe how a band bearing such a cheapo name has been able to produce some really good records.

Metal bands usually have shite names. Megadeath, Cradle of Filth, Limp Bizkit and thousands more.

Beg to differ - I think Metallica is a superb name for a hard rock band as well as for bands in many other categories.

On a different topic I saw a short TV interview with the Metallica guys last night and was happy to notice they still have a lot of energy - I look forward to what they are able to accomplish going forward.

Carl

advertisement

Back