advertisement

Top 10: Worst ever band names

I was in Hull's first punk band and we were called The Blanx. Shit name, shit band, but we were happy.

Cheers

Rich

There must be a place in any Top 10 for Sixpence None The Richer (doubly so for their shocking La's cover) and the truly shockingly named Kitchens of Distinction.

Rob.

Clap your hands, say yeah! (I'm not 100% sure of the punctuation)

I may never applaud, or answer in the affirmative again. k*nts.

My brother in law progressed from a band called "Reckless Vasectomy" to one called "The Groovy Shoes"

Not good.

Ben

Hi Rich,

When was this? Do you have anything on tape?

Dean

Hi Dean

It was 1977/78. You really do not want to hear our version of What Do I Get that subtly changed the lyrics to be about sex with animals i.e. "what do I get? just dogs and cats".

Cheers

Rich

Cradle of Filth - that's rubbish. Sort of name a couple of 12 year old boys would come up with to annoy their sisters.

System Of A Down is truly horrible- it makes my toes curl like that Honda slogan "More Forwards Please".

Was (Not Was) has to be the worst so far!

Was (Not Was) has to be the worst so far!

Was (Not Was) is ace :) Its enigmatic. You know there mjst be a good reason why they are called Was (Not Was) but you can't figure it out - well unless you know why and then its a bit of a let down ... but still.

muse- should be nr top of my list.

There must be lots of 'Acid Jazz' (the worst type of music of all, on a par with britpop) terrible 'cool' names. Thankfully I can't remember any!

Mull Historical Society. There's a name to encourage wanton knicker-throwing by adoring fans...

...as long as the fans are dressed in tweed, smoking pipes, and throwing Y-fronts...

advertisement

Back