advertisement

Top 10: Worst ever band names

The Captain

~~~~~~~~~~
So here's my top 10 dullest, crappiest band names I can think of..

1. Orange Juice (words fail me)
2. The Sweet (wtf?)
3. The Postal Service (perhaps the dullest of all)
4. Snow Patrol (why?)
5. Elbow (zzz)
6. Ting Tings (grow UP!)
7. CSS (unless it stands for summink very interesting)
8. The Hollies (pansy)
9. Band (f**k off)
10. The Cranberries (strewth)

f**k me these are terrible. I mean what posseses s'one to call their band these?!?

7. CSS (unless it stands for summink very interesting)

Cansei de Ser Sexy - "I'm tired of being sexy" in Brazilian Portuguese. It quotes a remark Beyonce Knowles apparently once made.

PS. Snow Patrol used to be called Polar Bear ... which is worse?

My ex-band (we have sort of imploded due to lack of general commercial success) was called "Tracksuit Ambassador". I always *HATED* that name...

Polar Bear! Bearpolar is stupid, but better. Bi-Pola is actually cool. 15seconds to think of two better. I bet they took weeks to agree on Snow Patrol!

Actually Oasis is a pretty stupid name for a band, really, if you think about it. and The Beatles is a pretty poor pun. But some bands are so part of the culture you don't think about it.

1. Orange Juice (words fail me)

Woah there Captain I said woah there - dissing my favourite band of all time. The name was perfect for capturing the purity of their wimp-indie-rock as distinct from the meffed-up aggressive, johnny-come-lately, pseudo-punk of The Exploited et al.

In my world anyway.

Cheers

Rich

no Rich, its appaling. I couldn't possibly listen to a note of it with a name like that.

I was going to put Oasis quite naturally at the top of a list with 'worst' in- and its as boring as Noel Gallagher himself- but there are worse words in the english language. Like 'sprout'.

Culture Club is terrible. The Posies. The Pixies used to make me cringe. The Verve sound as boring as the name, as do loads of britpop wet blanket bands (The Wet Blankets is rather good actually, as is Clubbed Foot).

Modest Mouse is a dreadful name. Are they as terrible as their moniker?

Only thought of one so I can say that my prog rock name is Tangerine Platypus. No complaints with that.

advertisement

Back