1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10: Worst ever band names

Discussion in 'music' started by The Captain, Jul 14, 2008.

1. The Captain

The Captain ~~~~~~~~~~

So here's my top 10 dullest, crappiest band names I can think of..

1. Orange Juice (words fail me)
    2. The Sweet (wtf?)
    3. The Postal Service (perhaps the dullest of all)
    4. Snow Patrol (why?)
    5. Elbow (zzz)
    6. Ting Tings (grow UP!)
    7. CSS (unless it stands for summink very interesting)
    8. The Hollies (pansy)
    9. Band (f**k off)
    10. The Cranberries (strewth)

f**k me these are terrible. I mean what posseses s'one to call their band these?!?

2. Uncle Ants

Uncle Ants I'm a Shop Keeper

Cansei de Ser Sexy - "I'm tired of being sexy" in Brazilian Portuguese. It quotes a remark Beyonce Knowles apparently once made.

PS. Snow Patrol used to be called Polar Bear ... which is worse?

3. RobFTM

RobFTM pfm Member

Interestingly (or not) The Cranberries used to be called The Cranberries Saw Us.

Rob.

4. JTC

JTC Saint Alphonso!

My ex-band (we have sort of imploded due to lack of general commercial success) was called "Tracksuit Ambassador". I always *HATED* that name...

5. concrete

concrete pfm Member

Surely Test Icicles...

6. The Captain

The Captain ~~~~~~~~~~

Polar Bear! Bearpolar is stupid, but better. Bi-Pola is actually cool. 15seconds to think of two better. I bet they took weeks to agree on Snow Patrol!

7. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Prefab Sprout

8. The Captain

The Captain ~~~~~~~~~~

You win the prize! I'd forgotten them.

9. Uncle Ants

Quite rightly I would add.

10. Uncle Ants

Actually Oasis is a pretty stupid name for a band, really, if you think about it. and The Beatles is a pretty poor pun. But some bands are so part of the culture you don't think about it.

11. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Woah there Captain I said woah there - dissing my favourite band of all time. The name was perfect for capturing the purity of their wimp-indie-rock as distinct from the meffed-up aggressive, johnny-come-lately, pseudo-punk of The Exploited et al.

In my world anyway.

Cheers

Rich

12. The Captain

The Captain ~~~~~~~~~~

no Rich, its appaling. I couldn't possibly listen to a note of it with a name like that.

I was going to put Oasis quite naturally at the top of a list with 'worst' in- and its as boring as Noel Gallagher himself- but there are worse words in the english language. Like 'sprout'.

13. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

14. Uncle Ants

That's ace!

My band Name is Rhapsody Wormhole :D

Auntie's is Galactic Dimension

Edit: so together we w ould be Rhapsody Wormhole and The Galactic Dimension

That's almost as good as me and my school mate Dave's, bored in English Literature class, imaginary band, Hairy Torso and the Obese Cambodians

15. The Captain

The Captain ~~~~~~~~~~

Culture Club is terrible. The Posies. The Pixies used to make me cringe. The Verve sound as boring as the name, as do loads of britpop wet blanket bands (The Wet Blankets is rather good actually, as is Clubbed Foot).

16. Marmite

Marmite tea jenny

Modest Mouse is a dreadful name. Are they as terrible as their moniker?

Only thought of one so I can say that my prog rock name is Tangerine Platypus. No complaints with that.

17. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

Toe Fat

Always makes me feel slghtly queasy. Hideous album covers, too.

18. CHE

CHE pfm Member

Matching Mole

19. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Yes

No. This is clever if you speak French. Also, Robert Wyatt is genetically incapable of being rubbish.

20. The Captain

The Captain ~~~~~~~~~~

Modest Mouse should be in top 10- actually they're not bad at all & had/have Johnny Marr in.