advertisement

Time for a motorbike list

As there is a lot of talk around old gipper bikes, remembering that old marque Norton. Well, this new V4 looks alright:

26788733809_3324498554_k.jpg

That is very sexy indeed.

However, depending on a miracle cure for the back, the knee and the shoulder, along with a lottery win. I'd go for....
38509525816_cc0fd31de4_c.jpg

That's a ridiculous price for a bike, unless its a collectable. The Yamaha Vmax is anly about GBP 24K.

Lol...VMAX.....Meh...
Hey! Steady! I had an old style V Max and absolutely loved it. I put R1 brakes on it so it stopped and ungraded the suspension so it handled....a bit. For all it's faults, I really enjoyed that beast

Yes, quite the culture shock I'm sure! Those Kwakas ran generous piston clearances to prevent them from seizing, hence the rattle. Very crude. Suzy's triple triplets were vastly more refined, with typically over-engineered mechanicals.

There was a moment in the mid-70s in Italy when Suzuki offered a disc-brake update for one of its triples, can't remember which, maybe 500? So a lot of people with Commandos, which simply did not stop, adapted the discared four-leading shoe Suzuki brakes and front wheels to the Commandos. I did it myself and it worked beautifully. All you had to do was take off a few mm of metal on the hub and make two brackets out of aluminium sheet that bolted to the brake and to the front fork. And a twin-cable balance thingy.

The R71, very popular in Germany in the early 40s.... got to say it looks like that engine had a good innings.

38535930342_563d83a930_z.jpg

The R71, very popular in Germany in the early 40s.... got to say it looks like that engine had a good innings.

38535930342_563d83a930_z.jpg
A mate of mine has 4 x BMW bikes amongst other bikes just like that in his barn they have never been ridden he told me they were made in 1946.

This is my dream bike - not even all that expensive so must add one to the fleet before the prices climb:
Honda%20NS400R%20roth.jpg

I've already got the other 80's Honda I wanted back in the day:
original.jpg

advertisement

Back