advertisement

The Tenth Anniversary Wam show . March the 18th 2018

Looking forward to the new venue , things have to change or they become stale and anyway I now know my way around Scalford so the fun has gone ;)

Been to the last two Scalford Shows and enjoyed them both very much. I'm not sure I'll be able to attend this year as maybe away on holiday, which is a shame as Kegworth is just a couple of junctions down the M1 for me so much easier to get to! If the date falls right I'll definitely be there and will be interested to see how this differs / works out from Scalford. I have been tempted to Exhibit myself but working in live events and lugging gear around frequently I try and avoid doing it in my spare time! Besides, I enjoy mooching around listening to everyones else's set-ups to much :)

On a side note, I also feel the Wam has changed a lot since its new ownership. I used to use the classifieds quite a bit, especially to buy CDs from sellers but there seems very little in the way of these for sale on there these days. It is a shame as I was quite new to the forum and was starting to find my feet, can't remember the last time I visited now though...

The photos of wam members in the lobby drinking and talking looks good, real character about it.
I've never been and it looked a little rough around the edges but it looked fun.

On a side note, I also feel the Wam has changed a lot since its new ownership. I used to use the classifieds quite a bit, especially to buy CDs from sellers but there seems very little in the way of these for sale on there these days. It is a shame as I was quite new to the forum and was starting to find my feet, can't remember the last time I visited now though...

I hardly ever visit Wam now. It has become a commercial site with a depleted and heavely cencored forum attached.

The photos of wam members in the lobby drinking and talking looks good, real character about it.
I've never been and it looked a little rough around the edges but it looked fun.
Ah yes, the Wild Bunch.
Men in XL black T-Shirts, smelling faintly (of solder and pie) boldly going where frequency analyzers fear to tread.

I almost never post there now, its unusable due to the layout and adverts.

It's also unusable to many traders now as they really take the piss with the trade fee! Take the fee on pfm or aos, multiply by four and then add a zero on the end:eek: All since it went commercial...

seriously? I should have guessed that all that 'noooo eally, we are just making it all betterer for YOU guys' was bullshit. I'm so naive.

Rocky, I'm struggling to think of one change they've implemented in the past 12 months that improved the quality of content and usability of the forum. The reviews are a cash cow, the new classifieds similarly so, trade affiliation costs more and the changes at Scalford take money out of the pockets of those who provide the gear on demo.

It might look better on the balance sheet at the minute but it's terminally ill from a user POV.

<moderating>

May I kindly ask people to read the AUP, especially this bit:-
"The audio community

pfm sits harmoniously in the audio community along with many other audio and music forums. It is not acceptable to bring personal argument, conflict or vendetta from another place onto this forum, nor is it acceptable to post links to external websites hosting such content."

I've given thebiglebowski a holiday from this thread.

I don’t think anyone will accuse me of having any sort of vested interest in the Wam (they are really clutching at straws if they do) - but I’ve know Andrew (and Tony) for many years and they have absolutely zero connection with either the old, or new, Wam. I quite understand some are embittered about the way things (on the Wam) have developed but I suggest you grow some and email James or the current owners because this forum has had absolutely sod all to do with any of it!

Just for the record I have always run a sticky for the Wam show right from the very first one. I always got on great with James and enjoyed visiting the show, though have never had any connection with it (I was initially offered a pfm involement by Chester Group at the very, very beginning, but I turned it down). FWIW I have always paid to attend the WigWam show too!

PS Any shills and agenda trolls from elsewhere will be removed from pfm.

Does it cost anything if you’re not an exhibitor? I’ve always fancied going but never made the trip.

The Bristol hifi show is cheaper and a lot better.
if you are interested in the latest what hi fi gear then the Bristol show may be better. If however you are interested in forum members systems, which are a wide and varied mixture of old and current kit, carefully assembled to taste, then nothing touches the wam show, or in the main the relaxed and friendly attitude and disposition of the exhibitors. The new management structure may well be overly (if not overtly) more commercially minded, the members in the main not so.

advertisement

Back