advertisement

The Slits

irons1965

pfm Member
Just a note to say that the 30th anniversary version of the seminal "Cut" came out today with Peel sessions and tons of rough mixes on the second disc....Anybody bought it....and if you haven't, why not???:D

A great album. I've got a really nice UK 1st pressing so I can't justify buying the CD, but it would be interesting to hear what they've added to it.

Tony.

Hi
muzzer please tell me more, I can remember a poster of them covered in mud and not much more exclaiming "happiness is a muddy slit".
Regards
Jim

There was a lot of uproar at the time from the usual sources, there was plenty of upskirt shots from the cameraman.

A great album. I've got a really nice UK 1st pressing so I can't justify buying the CD, but it would be interesting to hear what they've added to it.

Tony.

Me too as well as the first CD version Tony- Definitely worth getting for the second disc as well as the great packaging/ booklet- Sound is good throughout and serves the music well:)

Hi fox
Would the punk covers comp. be "We do 'em our way"?, if so, I can remember a cracking version of Friday on my mind by the Golont pistons on the album as well.
Regards
Jim

Hi fox
Would the punk covers comp. be "We do 'em our way"?, if so, I can remember a cracking version of Friday on my mind by the Golont pistons on the album as well.
Regards
Jim
It would. Other gems I first discovered on there were 'You really got me' by the Hammersmith Gorillas and 'Money' by the Flying Lizards.

advertisement

Back