advertisement

The Orville

We are enjoying it, but its more like family entertainment where as I was expecting family guy in space.

Now watched 8 and apart from the pilot and 8 I think it's been very good. Like someone said, a TNG dynamic but without its head up its ass, and with LOL moments.

Seth is an out-and-out genius in my book, but I know there are those who hate him, and that wold spoil the series for them.

I am enjoying it, especially the Bortus moments.

And cheers to Nic for introducing me to the show.

Joe

I am not a fan of seth Mcfarlane but The Orville is fantastic.

He is clearly a fan of galaxy quest, and there was even an appearance from buffy alum brian thompson. (you can tell its him before you even see him)

Rob Lowe is very good and almost unrecognisable in the last ep.

Brannon Braga is involved, I always thought The Orville looked like a fan-w*nk rehash of Voyager/DS9/TNG which were rather dull and self-indulgent as it came for a US TV series.

For me The Orville out Star Treks Discovery. I like both series but this has more of an ST vibe than the official one does. I read somewhere that it's been renewed for a second series which I'm very happy about, there needs to be more 'utopian sci-fi', it's all got a bit dark and gritty lately.

advertisement

Back