advertisement

The Leveson Inquiry Thread.

The Sun wot fights back!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...un-journalists-like-suspected-terrorists.html

Kavanagh's hyperbole will fool no one. Jail beckons for these arses and I hope his paper goes down the toilet after them.

Couldn't happen to a nicer lot.

And let's not forget the invaluable role of the Sun in journalistic freedom, this next to Kavanagh's rant on their website-

FOOTBALL star Aaron Ramsey was being bizarrely linked to Whitney Houston's death by fans last night after a series of odd coincidences.

From the BBC article on the same subject, Mr. Kavanagh says:

"Wives and children have been humiliated as up to 20 officers at a time rip up floorboards and sift through intimate possessions, love letters and entirely private documents."

Presumably he'll be offering said officers employment as Sun reporters, given how many transferrable skills they have demonstrated.

I steeled myself and looked at the Sun Online over the weekend. Not a single mention of the arrest of their journalists. Not one. Not a sausage.

They are martyrs for freedom of speech and the defence of liberty. One day a statue will be erected in Fleet Street. A statue of Samantha Fox,

Kavanagh has been on the BBC saying its a witch hunt , lives are being wrecked, the police are being heavy handed. Oh the delicious irony, can he not hear himself? The witch finders now find themselves hunted like their victims.

He was right on one point when he said some won't be satisfied til News Corp is shut down.

He was right on one point when he said some won't be satisfied til News Corp is shut down.

Indeed. Leverson started quite well, with some truly appalling stuff coming out that deserved to do so.

Latterly, however it is beginning to look as if there is some sort of cosy agreement between the 'forces of urban liberalism' who would, given a chance, use it effectively to abolish the popular press in order to further their own agenda. If they succeed, we loose a weapon against social engineering and taxpayer theft.

There are dangers in the Leveson Inquiry: the little amount of time given to the NUJ for instance.

Leveson could result in a government clampdown and censorship of the press, which is the last thing I want.

As for Kavanagh and The Sun, don't worry Uncle Rupert Murcock - Call Me Dave's best friend - is on his way to the rescue.

Murcock is like Dacre, he never lies. Lol.

Jack

I haven't been following this much. It's bloody difficult not to fly into a murdering rage at the filth on display.

I am a little surprised that more 'news' creatures are not badly assaulted simply because they've pushed and shoved ordinarily decent people way to far.

As for jail time, wouldn't that be wonderful. But is it even plausible? Big money and big intimidation is still likely to sway any results I imagine.

As for jail time, wouldn't that be wonderful. But is it even plausible? Big money and big intimidation is still likely to sway any results I imagine.

James Murdoch will offer a few up for sacrifice to save his own arse from prison. Rebekkahh being one.

I'd like to see it.

But I still think it'll be a sham in the end. Too many hands in too many pockets for anything like a just outcome.

Rebekah Brooks and 5 others were arrested this morning:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/mar/13/phone-hacking-six-arrested

(She's not named in the story, but she's the 43 year old woman from Oxfordshire)

Her husband Charlie Brooks, that very good friend of David Cameron was also arrested. I wouldn't expect David to be there for me in my hour of need if I were Charlie. "Sorry to hear about your problems old chap" and all that will be all he's likely to get from his pal David. Let's hope Bekky and Charlie spill all of the beans (their diaries would be an interesting read) and we get to see the arrest of a few more corrupt senior public servants.

How about another of PFM's famous "David Cameron can't survive this one" posts?

How about another of PFM's famous "David Cameron can't survive this one" posts?

It's still the same one - some folk just seem to want instant gratification! I prefer watching him gradually eroded due to his own sleaze, incompetence and spectacularly poor judgement. It is hugely entertaining. The gift that keeps on giving gives some more...

advertisement

Back