advertisement

The Leveson Inquiry Thread.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Mr Moron yesterday. The slow transformation from smug git to petulant, guilty-as-f**k wide-boy was most gratifying. I particularly enjoyed seeing him at the start ofhis evidence, responding to the obvious excitement in the court, probably thinking they were worshipping his celebrity. I'm pretty sure the realisation that the excitement was because they all knew he was in for a slow skewering must have dawned on him at some point.

But the best bit was at the end when the second QC roughed him up with unconcealed disdain. And sitting directly behind the lawyer was Michael White of the Guardian, scribbling with some relish. His piece today is most enjoyable.

Simeon

The only time you can say justice has been done is when a few dozen of these creeps end up behind bars.

Now what is the chance of that. These people broke the law and they should suffer the consequences.

Regards

Mick

Mick, true dat. I've just been watching some weasel from the Express being taken to bits over the rumuor, lies and innuendo he was writing and his editor was publishing over the McCann case. He doesn't deserve prison, he deserves a beating and prison.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Mr Moron yesterday. The slow transformation from smug git to petulant, guilty-as-f**k wide-boy was most gratifying. I particularly enjoyed seeing him at the start ofhis evidence, responding to the obvious excitement in the court, probably thinking they were worshipping his celebrity. I'm pretty sure the realisation that the excitement was because they all knew he was in for a slow skewering must have dawned on him at some point.

But the best bit was at the end when the second QC roughed him up with unconcealed disdain. And sitting directly behind the lawyer was Michael White of the Guardian, scribbling with some relish. His piece today is most enjoyable.

+1; I really enjoyed today's coverage. I also hope - above and beyond some of the rather striking statements so far reported from the Inquiry - it might mark the point at which a lid comes off a whole jarfull of such nightcrawlers.

Piers Morgan either needs to attend a memory clinic or he is a stranger to the truth. His financial tipster colleague referred to him as The Dear Leader.

Richard Desmond is on tomorrow (thursday). That should be fun. I saw some of the various Mail staff today giving evidence. Repellent creatures, it is no wonder the paper is like it is. It will be very interesting to see Paul Dacre when he appears on Feb 6th, as he has quite a lot of explaining to do.

Yeah Tony, Ian Hislop was great.

He thought there were enough laws in the UK to deal with the press and that statutory regulation isn't necessary. It just needs the police to actually apply the law.

Unfortunately, the rozzers are too often in bed with newspaper editors and proprietors. This is why the police don't apply the law properly.

I thought it was excellent when Hislop said that he hoped that Tony Bliar, Gordon Brown and David Cameron, would be called to the Leveson Inquiry.

After all David Cameron appointed Andy Coulson, former editor of the News Of The World, as the Tories Director of Communications.

Bliar is godfather to one of Murdoch's daughters etc.

Interestingly, although Hislop doesn't want statutory regulation, he didn't disagree with one of Leveson's suggestions.

This was to set up a legal tribunal, which would deal quickly with arguments between those written about and the press.

Right now Alan Rusbridger, the editor of The Guardian, is giving evidence.

Jack

It is instructive to listen to the thoughts and take note of the demeanour of the various editors and their executives. It seems pretty clear that the paper you get is one that is formed in the image of the editor and owners, not as suggested by many of them, the paper that their readers demand. I can't help thinking that if we had a more thoughtful and considered press we may have a more thoughtfiul and considered populace. And some shorter threads in the off topic room.

advertisement

Back