1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Jubilympics! Have Your Say...............

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Apr 30, 2012.

1. mmterror

mmterror pfm Member

Just wish I could afford to be somewhere else.......

2. 7_V

7_V filtered for a nicer experienc

I'm going to one of the men's football semi-finals. If G. Britain come 2nd in their group I'll see them.

Come on Uraguay!

3. Steven Toy

Steven Toy L3 Toy

It was meant to last a year.

4. Mullardman

Mullardman Resident Philistine

You've got two parliaments. That's one more than us Sassenachs. Are you never satisfied?

5. Still

Still gyldengourd

Would you like me to rephrase the question? ;-)

6. Mullardman

Just which events is HMQ entered for?

I think we should be told.

Mull

7. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

I think Princess Anne has been entered

8. LesW

LesW Making electronics make music

On TV the other night was a report about a group of protesters who have vowed to disrupt any event they can.

Interviewed by a participant in this grandiose school sports day fixture, the person (sex indeterminate), said they
    are fully prepared to create as much havoc as possible at which the athlete (upon whom has been showered shed loads of public cash),
    said this was out of order as he'd 'trained for many years' just to compete. Big deal!

Anyone would think they're entitled to have this money lavished upon what is after all, private sport.

I think a public demonstration of ingratitude by the participants is not what's needed at this stage.

9. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

certainly
    Dwain Chambers is a disgusting cheating scumbag who deprived other clean athletes their just rewards by beating them through drug improved performances.
    He is a disgrace to humanity and should never have been allowed to compete again.
    The fact that the UK have been overruled is a cheat's charter. Any athlete can now weigh up getting caught with the fact that they will only risk a one olympics ban. Some will think it well worth the risk.
    And if it only were isolated. Forgotten Linford Christie have you? Convicted drug cheat ended up coaching UK athletes - scandalous!

Proportionality as far as I am concerned would be a life sentence if you kill someone through a criminal act in a car. I'd support that totally.

Now what's your excuse for allowing drug taking scum back in the olympics again?

10. Still

Still gyldengourd

Is that what attracted your attention?

11. Mullardman

By whom?

12. Northwest

Northwest pfm Member

But that's it isn't it. It should be a LIFE sentence if you took a life. But how long IS 'Life'? Not the 'Life' of the perpetrator and that's a fact.

I don't recall ever making an excuse for someone, anyone, being allowed back into the sport. But does this mean therefore that anyone who has ever illegally parked their car in a town center be banned from ever parking their car in a town centre, ever again? Or let's say, driving over 30mph from ever driving again? I clearly remember a Chief Constable in North Wales saying "driving over thirty mioles an hour in a thirty zone is like driving a knife between the shoulders of your best friend" or something very similar. I also remember that very same person being convicted of said motoring offense.
    No, you almost had it. Go back to the bit where you said Proportionality and start again.

13. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I didnt know Rio Ferdinand was in. I'm sure he'll be away shopping to avoid any embarrassment.

14. TheDecameron

I think Les was saying he preferred his she-hes to be pole dancing in private to pole vaulting at public expense-

15. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

bloody london as usual - why not glasgow belfast newcastle etc this is the UK
    quicker to get to europe than to travel to bloody london

16. Laurie Saunders

Laurie Saunders The Full Half-Hour

My own opinion is:

1. If the Olympics (along with football, cricket, F1 and other mass media sports) ceased to exist I wouldn`t care less

2. I believe that having a Royal family is the least worst way I know to run things (compared to the alternatives) and I think that the Queen is about as good at her job as we have the right to expect, so she should be wished well for reaching the present milestone. I also welcome a day`s holiday, but that`s about as far as it goes

But then I suppose I must be classified as a miserable old git...

laurie

17. demotivated

demotivated pfm Member

I really hope it all goes titsup.

18. TheDecameron

I'm looking forward to the Olympics, the Jubilee, then it's Glastonbury. Bit of a lull the it's the trials of Coulson and Rebekkaahh. I'm keeping the fridge stocked.

19. dss

dss Musical Bons

I caught a snippet of R4 this evening, commenting on the Catholic Olympics being held in Ireland this year is it.

Is anyone allowed to enter, or only those of the faith?

DS

20. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

only those of school age and under can be entered