advertisement

The Duckworth Lewis Method

Mr Tibbs

Infinitely Baffled Member
A concept album about cricket. Yes, the whole album is about cricket :eek:

Listen Here

The good news is there is no need to know anything (or indeed, like anything) about cricket to appreciate this album. No dud tracks - they're all interesting and enjoyable.

Now where's me stumps?

Mr Tibbs

Yes, I've had the cd for a couple of weeks now. Some great "quintessentially english" tracks in there. I love the Pugwash album, & Thomas Walsh of Pugwash, along with Neil Hannon have done a pretty good job here too. If you like XTC from the Skylarking era, this is well worth a listen.
Matt.

Lovely stuff! Sadly doesn't sit too firmly in my CD3, even with a brand new puck. Then neither does the new Madness (also great). Most majors products play just fine, but indies skitter inside the player.

Lovely stuff! Sadly doesn't sit too firmly in my CD3, even with a brand new puck. Then neither does the new Madness (also great). Most majors products play just fine, but indies skitter inside the player.

A cross of sticky tape across the middle with the hole cut back through works wonders on "thin" CDs.

Jono

I'd be inclined to use masking tape rather than clear sellotape based on how nasty the latter gets on LP sleeves, it is truly noxious stuff after many years and almost impossible to remove.

Tony.

Thanks for the tip- a Little Feat Cd failed to play today, too! Strawberry Flats turned into a no show...

advertisement

Back