advertisement

The Detectorists

Am I the only person who finds it rather sad? I also thought the office was too painful to watch.

I watched it last night - and prepared by re watching final episode of the last series and the Christmas special.
It did not disappoint - and the Unthank scored section was just superb.
A modern classic.

Finally saw the first episode of the new series. Wonderful as ever and the closing sequence was just beautiful.

At last , someone has been able to articulate on my behalf to my better half the importance of the shed and cheese sandwiches in my life.I too make one-side toast on the grill!

Heard the theme tune today on R6.
Thought I would purchase this if on a 12." Only a 7" exists, 2015 release, one for sale at £80, median price around £40.
YouTube it is then.

Bloss

Like Nic, I'm a recent convert. I think I did catch an episode on TV a while back but nothing really happened so I switched over and didn't bother again.

This thread inspired me to watch it from the start. We've just got Netflix following much pestering from my daughter. So I binge watched the first two series.

Things do happen, but slowly. Some of the jokes take several episodes to hit the punch line. My favourite was when 'Simon' and 'Garfunkel' were arrested...

Watching it on a weekly basis isn't the same really. Just two episodes to go (not watched last night's one yet). I think that will be the end which is a shame but I would prefer it to end before the quality drops off.

This is the 3rd and final series, or at least that is what Crook has said.

This programme has re-defined all that is good in comedy and that comedy and sadness/melancholy are permanent bedfellows.

At last , someone has been able to articulate on my behalf to my better half the importance of the shed and cheese sandwiches in my life.I too make one-side toast on the grill!

Quite, we are not alone.

Incidentally, if I only got this, Inside Number 9 and Rich Hall documentaries for my licence fee, I would consider that money well spent.

Saw it again last night. It just gets better and better. If it is the final series that will be a shame, they are building plenty of story lines for the future.

Watching it on a weekly basis isn't the same really. Just two episodes to go (not watched last night's one yet). I think that will be the end which is a shame but I would prefer it to end before the quality drops off.
I'm the opposite. Having to wait a week for the next episode adds to the anticipation. I guess I'm old fashioned, having everything on tap now, now, now, ruins the rhythm of life. And the Detectorists is all about rhythm.
BTW, I'm hoping the Slow TV episode with the reindeer will be up again soon.

BTW, I'm hoping the Slow TV episode with the reindeer will be up again soon

If it's what I think it is, it's a masterpiece of gripping monotony. There was a similarly envisaged film of a bus journey in Yorkshire (Dales, I think); no dialogue and quite enchanting.

Just caught up with the last episode. Is it me or is it doing the seemingly impossible and getting even better? An absolute jewel.

advertisement

Back