The best album I've heard in a decade

Dave Cattlin

pfm Member
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M7VAF0I/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

OK so I'm a Jellyfish freak fan but this is wondrous

Delivered from Japan a couple of weeks ago

but I'm playing it through for the first time right now

and it's simply wonderful

I know it's hard to get hold of a CD of it but you streamers out there should stop whatever you're doing an play it now

now wondering why I need so many CDs now that I have this

it's going to get hammered

Happy New Year

Dave

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Happy New Year Bob

Hope all is well with you and the LP12

Thanks for trying

I take it you know the Jellyfish albums

Well this is better

Sorry you can’t get it

And there was me thinking that I was their only fan LLLLOL
Mad but totally undislikable IMO.
I had both LPs very swiftly after release and I can honestly say that the lofi version doesn't do them any justice at all, to put it VERY mildly.

Just checked Wiki - he has released 7 albums outside of Jellyfish.... Know anything of the others? Presumably all have the indescribable "jellyfish feel" to them, as this does?

God love you Vinny

I have everything they ever released and have played them to death

I count myself very lucky that I decided to get off my arse to go and see them at the Astoria

where they blew me away

such a loss

Dave

God love you Vinny

I have everything they ever released and have played them to death

I count myself very lucky that I decided to get off my arse to go and see them at the Astoria

where they blew me away

such a loss

Dave

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL - it is just daft, unobjectionable, good-to-be-alive music (although the lyrics do bear some listening to and taking-in). How could anyone not like it?
I have to say that they have been played rather little here in recent years, but what is there to dislike?

Any comment about the other albums Dave?

WRT the other albums - there aren't any to speak of

The re-issue of Bellybutton got the b sides

and the whole lot was there on the Fan Club Box along with a load of demos, live recordings and cover versions

they have released a mix of the first two albums without any lead vocals on them which are an interesting listen - you really appreciate the craft

and a live album from somewhere or other

but the singles of Ghost at Number One had Ignorance is Bliss and Worthless Heart which are both worthy

Wouldn't be without any of it but if you have the two albums you have the best of them

Didn't get on much with the Imperial Drag, Jason Faulkner stuff or the Moog Cookbook either

Dave

One of my all time fave pop groups, along with XTC etc etc.
I saw them play the Cambridge junction. A truly brilliant gig. I was so gutted when they called it a day.
Off the back of Jellyfish, I’ve also found Beatnik Beach, Imperial Drag, The Grays, Jason Faulkner, Bleu, Owsley. All good stuff (especially the Grays), but Jellyfish couldn’t be beat.
I’ve got their 2 main albums, plus Live at Bogarts & the New Mistake ep. I’ll certainly be chasing this one down. Thanks for the heads up.

Ain't it amazing how many sad b******s hang out on PFM? There are 4 so far at least and 1 noncommittal....

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL

?

I think it's great

used to go to my my mates to hear their latest purchases and to local record stores (Shorrock's and Bradley's in Rochdale and Vibes in Bury) to hear recommendations from people I trusted and who knew what floated my boat

that sort of thing led to all sorts of pockets of fans of particular groups but how else are we supposed to wade through the endless amount of music out there but by recommendation from people whose tastes seem to chime with our own?

name drops for me might include
Crowded House - Temple of Low Men
Loudon Wainright III (well at least his Therapy album)
The Poozies (Into the Well is a stunner and gets heavy rotation)
Francis Dunnery (Up to let's go do what happens)
Jackie Leven - Start with the first and work forwards
The Worry Dolls (not got fed up of this yet)
Barenaked Ladies (Gordon is a gem but all of their albums have something wonderful on them)
Capercaillie - the blood is strong - which I am playing now

I could go on and usually do until someone in here gets snotty

:)

AF1QipNOFyZMp5A7mdzO2OrO9aCKJ42OpnynNriYvX-c

Classicals are out in the hall

advertisement

Back