advertisement

The Bathstore

Shite, ignorant, arrogant... Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

However that is only mine & my wife's option and the Preston store

We went and spent our £10k elsewhere...!

I design and sell bathrooms for a living working for an independent store in South Wales. I spend a lot of time with my clients and pay great attention to detail to satisfy their requirements. If there is a problem, I'm there to solve it for them.

To experience the benefits of a professional isn't necessarily expensive. I win a lot of business from B&Q on price.

I have no experience of Bathstore.

Bathroom fittings are bathroom fittings, You choose ones you like etc. However it is the details that are important and these will probably only become apparent when you get them home or after you have fitted them and I wouldn't touch Bathstore with a barge pole. Despite my better intentions, SWMBO really liked some of the fittings so we used their WC pans. Badly designed so you cannot retro fit toilet seats. Fixings awkward and my plumber was, quite rightly pessimistic about the flushing mechanism!

There are much better, and as cheap, never mind more expensive brands out there. And you can get them from your local shop who will give you much better service when something goes wrong.

Last time we ended up getting the new bathroom from Jewson, cheap as anywhere else after a little discussion re discount. Good service and nearby.

Modern bathrooms and kitchens are gimmicky crap nowadays.
I was fool enough to have a Grohe compact cistern installed. It is a world of pain. The merest hint of lime scale, and the valve starts to leak, so it has to be dismantled to descale it, which again is a royal pain, because it's hidden away in a cabinet. Grrr.

I bought Bathstore stuff. Mainly because it was the easiest way to reach agreement with 'Er indoors' on what to get. Staff were pleasant and helpful enough.

Everything is still fine a few years on except for a crappy storage unit under the wash basin.

That said, I wouldn't buy their stuff again because I now know better.

Mull

advertisement

Back