advertisement

Teddy Pardo best way

Minio

Kind of Sort of Not really...
I've decided to give my Naim CDX2 treat and add a Teddy xps.

Any experiences out there in fishville of the upgrade.

Should I get one from ebay or from the TP site ?

I would look out for one on ebay and try to keep an open mind. If it doesn’t work for you, it’s back to ebay! They seem to come up fairly regularly, so you might pick up a good deal.

Hello Minio,

I think it was the first step on my (almost) full transition from Naim to Teddy and I have never regretted the move. I must point out that the reason for the change was a potentially hefty recapping cost on the Naim XPS2 which was an early model on an early CDX2. The TXPS brought more detail and a better soundstage to the show and did not alter the Naim "sound" too much in my case unlike the pre-amp change made later but this could have just been new Vs old. If you can save a lot of money on Ebay and have a guarantee great but otherwise TP are fine to deal with and offer a 14 day returns policy. Where in the world are you?

Thanks all for the info.

Norwich UK.

So would there be custom charges?

It is a bit far from Norwich to Kidderminster otherwise you could have a listen!

Under an EU agreement with Israel, if you can provide a Company delivery address AND a VAT registration number for that company there are no custom or import charges. I think you may be able to have a home delivery but still need a Company address and associated VAT No.

This could all change post Brexit though.

Ron

As RB said no customs stuff if you give VAT No & Address. I swapped the Naim XPS for the teddy XPS for my CDSII. I've said it before night & day difference. I now have all teddy electronics except the CDSII & no itch to scratch upgrading. Bliss. You are welcome to come to the parish of Baldock with your player & try the xps.

It is a bit far from Norwich to Kidderminster otherwise you could have a listen!

Under an EU agreement with Israel, if you can provide a Company delivery address AND a VAT registration number for that company there are no custom or import charges. I think you may be able to have a home delivery but still need a Company address and associated VAT No.

This could all change post Brexit though.

Ron

I recently bought from Teddy directly and didn't have any customs problems nor company address or vat number.

Buy with confidence, all the best Dougie.

Thanks for the above.

I'll try the website and hope for the best.

Minio

Firstly the Teddy XPS added will allow the CDX2 to operate at a much higher level , better than the Naim equivalent to my ears.

Secondly, I have both a Teddy XPS and Naim XPS2 together with a CDX2 here that I very rarely use,so I would be willing to sell one of the power supplies.

Lastly, If you’re interested I’m about 2 hours from Norwich If you wanted to have a listen. Alternatively I can wholeheartedly recommend Buying from Teddy, I bought a power supply from him many years ago, and now have a full Teddy system.

Another thumbs up for the Teddy CDX2 combination. By the way I was brought up in Kidderminster - even worked in a carpet factory for a couple of years many moons ago.

I have had both a single TeddyCap and dual Teddycap both purchased on this very site stick a wanted ad in the classifieds section. TBH I didn't really notice any difference between the TeddyCap and the newly serviced Naim Chrome Bumper Hicap I owned afterwards but at less than half the price that is a massive thumbs up for the TeddyCap.
I do have an itch to scratch regarding an Olive SuperCap on my 282 and will compare it against the Dual TeddyCap which according to Teddy has no advantages over his own SuperCap so at some point in the new year I will AB them.

Teddy power supplies are generally superb.

I've had Naim Hicaps and Supercaps (both freshly serviced) and the Teddy equivalent has always significantly outperformed them.

I ditched a pristine Naim Supercap for a Teddy Supercap years ago on my 52 and I would not go back.

To my ears the TSC provides a much deeper sub bass and a lot more solidity and control. None of the PRaT is lost either.

Tried a teddy cap on my supernait but IMHO it was a downgrade. Lost some life and organics ( sorry about the superlatives but how else do you do it). It made the sound a bit more sterile as well. Perhaps that's what's some people are after but just my experience with Teddy.

I wanted to like it, and I did a lot of A/B'ing to come to this conclusion.

The CDX2 with a power supply is absolutely fantastic - it really doesn't give much away to the CDS3 at all, depending a bit on what you listen to (I had both). You will definitely not be disappointed. I had both the XPS2 and the Teddy, it was a while ago now, but for the money the Teddy wins hands down.

It's nice to hear enthusiasm for the Teddy psu's as I've decided on the txps.

I use one teddycap on my 282 so another tpsu in the system should be a step in the right direction.

I hope.

Will report back when it arrives.

Teddy xps arrived Monday, thanks longtiger, and has settled in nicely, powering the CDX2.

I've also upgraded the NAC 282 (see upgrade found in cupboard thread) so there's really a double upgrade going on here.

Well what I can say is that cd replay is now a million miles from where it was last week.
Another layer of detail has appeared in the top end, more micro dynamic expression generally allows musicians more space and freedom to communicate. The bass is beautifully extended and nicely timed. Effects particularly noticeable on jazz material although rock I've heard is also served well eg Dark Side of the Moon PF.
Classical also.

The TXPS took a little while to warm up (check out the weather) but all n all improvements realised across the board.

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!

advertisement

Back