advertisement

Technics 1210 Feet

Thanks Mike, how do you rate the stock feet? I might try RDC cones, they're black rubber right?

Started with a partly modded Technics which I think had Sorbothane feet not stock, can't be certain.
Change to Isnones was an improvement worth the price of entry
Techniboots added soon after perhaps an even bigger improvement
That is where I thought it would end but no.
Heard good things about RDC cones so saw some 2nd hand on Ebay and bought them.
Compared to the Isonoes with Techniboots they were a very nice step up in sound quality. Ironic the RDC cones are so much cheaper.

At that time this all sat on a Mana rack.

After that I discovered the Electric Beach S1NX platform so shoved that under the RDCs. Yes, another step up and a keeper.

Currently running the S1NX on more RDC cones sitting on a Creaktiv rack.
Took them all out to check. Yes all worth keeping.
Looks, er daft, but it works
:)

RDC stands for something like Residual Damping (Cones ?)

Did you find made any difference to stock feet?

They made a difference certainly but I'm under no illusion that by swapping the feet on a 1210 be it these, iosonoes or whatever; even considering what other mods may or may not have been done or what it is stood on; that it going to be transformed into something it's not. Mines happily sat on a horizontal Kallax.

11cfubk.jpg

They made a difference certainly but I'm under no illusion that by swapping the feet on a 1210 be it these, iosonoes or whatever; even considering what other mods may or may not have been done or what it is stood on; that it going to be transformed into something it's not. Mines happily sat on a horizontal Kallax.

I'll take a punt on those ones you linked to, no way I am paying £100 Isonoes that probably no difference, I don't see how they're any better than stock feet.

Good plan, try em and buy more records or put the cash towards something that will bring a change/variation that you shouldn't have to guess at if it's an improvement.

Started with a partly modded Technics which I think had Sorbothane feet not stock, can't be certain.
Change to Isnones was an improvement worth the price of entry
Techniboots added soon after perhaps an even bigger improvement
That is where I thought it would end but no.
Heard good things about RDC cones so saw some 2nd hand on Ebay and bought them.
Compared to the Isonoes with Techniboots they were a very nice step up in sound quality. Ironic the RDC cones are so much cheaper.

At that time this all sat on a Mana rack.

After that I discovered the Electric Beach S1NX platform so shoved that under the RDCs. Yes, another step up and a keeper.

Currently running the S1NX on more RDC cones sitting on a Creaktiv rack.
Took them all out to check. Yes all worth keeping.
Looks, er daft, but it works
:)

RDC stands for something like Residual Damping (Cones ?)
Thanks Mike, think I'll buy the 'bump stops' Denim Demon linked to, they only £1 each and look just like the RDC cones! After that I'll pop down the DIY store for some thick plywood!!

11cfubk.jpg

How do you like the Lounge Audio MKIII with the turntable?
What cartridge are you using also?

Just wonder if anyone has simply used M6 spikes (the ones used for speakers). If spike holes in the surface underneath are not an issue it could be an ultra cheap solution. I've read some people use spikes instead of the usual feet or trampolines on the Linn Sondek (but I'm not sure how easy it would be to do this).

Thanks Cuki. Someone over on AOS swears by an Ikea chopping board.

I used 2x IKEA chopping boards to make my Garrard 401 plinth. Sounds fantastic. It also incorporates part of an oak chest of drawers, some brass that I turned up myself, and an aluminium Hoover attachment. Looks great too, visitors have asked where I bought "that amazing record player".

How do you like the Lounge Audio MKIII with the turntable?
What cartridge are you using also?

The Lounge is a cracking, prevously I've had a Dussun (OEM Red Rose Music) and Trichord Dino whilst not a flexible it is just plug and play great tunes. I've got an Audio Technica AT150MLX on it at moment.

advertisement

Back