1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Technics 1210 Feet

Discussion in 'audio' started by Mikeandvan, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

So, who's tried the 1210 feet merry go round? Any difference? I went from stock to Foculpods, no difference, back to stock, seems better??!! Or does it? Hard to tell.
    Thing is, if you have a good look at the stock feet, they seem really well made, why bother changing them?

2. Cuki

Cuki Member

Great deck but the stock feet are a weak link.
    I have a pair of 1210 MKII's with Isonoe feet. Subtle but very nice difference for me, especially with the bass. With the SL-1200 I've always felt the bass was loose, sometimes even wild. I have Funk Firm Achromat's on them too which really tightened the bass up.

3. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

I got my 1210 off here, it came with Jelco 750D arm and acromat, so I can't compare to the stock mat. I'm loathe to pay £100 + for some feet, I may try the RDC ones, as they're quite a bit cheaper and just as good I hear. But tbh honest I don't see what's wrong with stock feet. They've got rubber dampers on the screw, and the feet themselves are sprung, and they look great!

4. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

I'd imagine that results would vary widely depending on what surface you were placing the deck.

5. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

Currently on a very low spec Ikea shelf, you know the ones, store records beneath, hifi on top. As its a DD, I don't see what difference stands make.

6. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

My quest took me to screwed in RDC cones and I found them by far the best.
    Bit of a pain as the Isonoes and Techniboots were sold at some loss

7. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

Thanks Mike, how do you rate the stock feet? I might try RDC cones, they're black rubber right?

8. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

I swapped the feet on mine for some black rubber pointed ones. No idea who they're made by or if they made any difference.

9. abbydog

abbydog pfm Member

Vivid imagination there...

10. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

So you think a record player is immune to it's environment?

11. Cuki

Cuki Member

SL-1200's love to sit on ceramic or glass tiles, especially with decent isolation systems. I've DJ'ed at many places too where they are sitting on concrete patio or paving slab, and sound better than just plonked on a table.

You have a nice tonearm with the Jelco, which has wonderful synergy with the SL-1200, yes, you need to address the feet.

12. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

Thanks Cuki. Someone over on AOS swears by an Ikea chopping board.

13. Denim Demon

Denim Demon pfm Member

14. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

15. Denim Demon

Denim Demon pfm Member

You're welcome, that's exactly what I thought when I was pointed to them when looking for feet for mine. I have had Isonoe's on too and I didn't think the premium was worth it. Nothing to loose in trying.
    Double denim? Only when going to see these

https://youtu.be/bQ2gQ6KVg94

16. serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg pfm Member

17. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

I think there was only choice for M6, which is what you need.

18. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

19. Denim Demon

Denim Demon pfm Member

Yes, there is only one M6 set and that's what I have. They do drop the height of the deck and make it quite low slung.

20. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

Did you find made any difference to stock feet?