advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Xenforo upgrade thread, we will be moving to SSL/https in a couple of weeks which will address it, though the site is not insecure now!

Ghosh, another Stands Unique owner/user. Can't tell whether you have the full reference version version, though.
Yes, Another stands unique good as they are I am looking for some Danish furniture:).
This is the full Pioneer reference system with the new turnatble.

UamseWDl.jpg

That Pioneer looks amazing, never seen one before. I’ve never seen a deck with a cocaine trough on the platter before to be honest!
:), The platter is enormous on this (7lbs in weight) If you can imagine the LP when placed actually lays on the inner edge of the trough.

Thanks fellas - system hasn't changed since I got the Hana early this year. There's a pleasant feeling of 'settled' at the moment, which is to say I don't have itchy feet to change anything. I know there will have been cries of 'wtf?" when I got the LP12, but it just sounds bloody good and in combination with the superb Nima arm and Hana cartridge, a great tool for listening to music on. The Q3010's are still doing a great job, and never cease to amaze at what a well-designed, tiny speaker is capable of.

Future plans? Nothing earth-shattering, but quite like the idea of the MOSE box for the Herc II psu. That's it. :)

Very Nice clean lines, and I bet it sounds wonderful.
Are they the speaker stands you had for sale recently? if so they look much better in these pics, Shame you are so far as I would have loved to have had them.

Great set-up CK, what’s the unit the TV’s on I’d like one! Love the coffee table too. Bit of a mid century vibe going on there with those two if I’m not mistaken.

Very Nice clean lines, and I bet it sounds wonderful.
Are they the speaker stands you had for sale recently? if so they look much better in these pics, Shame you are so far as I would have loved to have had them.

Thank you, its been very well discussed and considered with Ms CK, she helped me get out of dark 'man' furniture.
No those stands have sold, These are my new Custom Design SQ404 stands with a few mods and requests of my own doing. They are 12mm steel base-plates, 50x50mm columns with 6mm acoustic steel top-plate (some sort of sandwich metal and rubber thang), 545mm tall and each leg has 2.15GK of filler in it.
They make a considerable improvement - IMHO of cause.

Great set-up CK, what’s the unit the TV’s on I’d like one! Love the coffee table too. Bit of a mid century vibe going on there with those two if I’m not mistaken.

Thanks, TV units from made.com, coffee table from Habitat. All the furniture was bought from these two places except the Eames repro dinning table and chairs which came from Dwell, much of which was deliberated and chosen with Ms CK :)

I suppose, about a decade after I lasted posted in-thread, I should post an update:

IMG_1509_800px.jpg

Ta-da. No change to anything that shows, except the Impulse H2s moved out of the way (to lower left corner) for serviced Quad 989s collected a few weeks ago. room is usefully-large; they are about 4' from the rear wall.
Otherwise the rest remains a diy-frightened assemblage based on Naim CD2, Deltec DPA50pre/ 2 x DPA50s poweramps, monobloc'd, and ...some other things; there are Onix BWD1 and Quad FM3 tuners in-shot for a start.

Bass reference is a Steinberger; both speaker sets reproduce it impeccably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back