advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Triangle speakers! Had various models for 20 years ending up with the Quators. In a moment of madness I changed them for B&W 800D2’s because their bass was so much deeper. Worst move I ever made.....I ditched the B&W’s quick sharp for Revel Salon 2’s which are stunning, but I still miss what the Triangles do...I’d say it won’t be too long before there’s a pair of Concertos in the room.

Lovely system. Quad Vena is a great little unit and Clearaudio are superb turntables. I had a great one, but I did have an issue with their Unity unipivot arm.

You might find a second level of vibration insulation between the turntable and the table may assist, perhaps just a plinth with sorbothane feet, shouldn’t cost more than £100.

Lovely system. Quad Vena is a great little unit and Clearaudio are superb turntables. I had a great one, but I did have an issue with their Unity unipivot arm.

You might find a second level of vibration insulation between the turntable and the table may assist, perhaps just a plinth with sorbothane feet, shouldn’t cost more than £100.

Thanks for the tip, ill see if I can swing it in a room friendly way!
The Quad vena is fantastic and works really well through spotify + bluetooth, for my partner/parties or just stuff im checking out, it really is not too bad at all!
The Clearaudio is also brilliant as I am a music first kind of hifi nut, and am not down for the endless tweaks (yet), the noise floor is very low considering the floor and the "rack".

The Antals also deal with the floor really well thanks to the plinths that also keep me from The Fear when nephews come round to check how stable everything is.

Thankyou for the kind comments folks, not been a member of a forum for more than 10 years (I was 16 now 28).

Thanks for the tip, ill see if I can swing it in a room friendly way!
The Quad vena is fantastic and works really well through spotify + bluetooth, for my partner/parties or just stuff im checking out, it really is not too bad at all!
The Clearaudio is also brilliant as I am a music first kind of hifi nut, and am not down for the endless tweaks (yet), the noise floor is very low considering the floor and the "rack".

The Antals also deal with the floor really well thanks to the plinths that also keep me from The Fear when nephews come round to check how stable everything is.

Thankyou for the kind comments folks, not been a member of a forum for more than 10 years (I was 16 now 28).

Oscars Audio does nice handmade plinths, natural wood finishes, but I’m sure he would paint one black if that’s what you want. He does them with sorbothane feet.

There’s one on eBay for £25
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/3914482397...3D710-134428-41853-0%26rvr_id%3D1350110593255

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
IMG_0119.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

IMG_0120.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

First post! Apologies for the modern kit!

Clearaudio Concept with the provided MM
Project Phonobox out of sight (hopefully to be replaced with a Microgroove/similar soonish!)
Quad Vena
Triangle Antal Espirit EZ

Cables are basic for now, room is 3.5m/4m ish

Sounds incredible to me!

Somewhat confused no one else mentions Triangle speakers, I'm somewhat in love with these and have been impressed with others in the higher ranges too.

Lovely looking system. Any way you can get the speakers out of the bay though? I can imagine they're a little boomy in there.

Lovely looking system. Any way you can get the speakers out of the bay though? I can imagine they're a little boomy in there.

Thanks!

Sadly not an option at all, I haven't even tried them for fear of it being better!

Between the front ports and the curtains being at least mostly closed a lot of the time, I haven't found them boomy so far. But my old speakers were Eltax Symphonies (I think) so this is an entirely different ball game. I need some experts to help me spend more money and take over the living room more, hopefully there are some on hand

Not much changed since I last posted a picture other than the AV2 and NAP150 have gone and we got a Q Sound soundbar instead (fine for the telly)

IMG_2314_Copy.jpg

Not much changed since I last posted a picture other than the AV2 and NAP150 have gone and we got a Q Sound soundbar instead (fine for the telly)

Nice!

Why the soundbar though? Why didn't you just connect the TV to your system?

A NOS Luxman EQ-88 valve mm phono stage and OPEQ-88 power supply arrived today to go with my Luxman SUT.

8ad697e096b077518e98a8b43adffba754146a40_1_690x388.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back